the future

Sophie came back into the living with a plate of custardbursts and placed them on the coffee table. She sat down next to Keefe, her husband, and started talking to Biana, who was sitting next to Tam, her husband.

"So, how's Vivian's Flasher training going?" Sophie asked as she filled her mouth with a custardburst.

"From what she tells us, it's going great. But you know how teenagers can be," Biana said as she grabbed one for her own.

And suddenly, two girls and a boy stormed down the stairs. One of the girls, Elyssa, was fifteen while the other boy and girl, Kenric and Vivian, were twelve. Elyssa and Kenric plopped down beside Sophie and Keefe, their parents, while Vivian sat on Tam's lap.

Vivian had Biana's teal eyes and round nose while she had Tam's jet black hair and defined jaw. Her personality matched Biana's perfectly. She loved all the makeup and girly girl stuff, including talking about boys. And once the boys found out she was a Flasher, they came running towards her.

Elyssa and Kenric were spitting images of their parents. Elyssa has Sophie's long blonde hair and slender body. But her eyes were the best part. They ombrèd from brown on the top to ice blue on the bottom, with gold flecks around the iris. But the most surprising factor was that she had manifested as a Mesmer. Elyssa was also just like Keefe. She loves pulling pranks on Foxfire teachers, much to Sophie's dismay.

Kenric had Keefe's hair and eyes, but had Sophie's nose and lips. Personality wise and ability wise, he was like Sophie. He was very logical and he was a Telepath. But, as a twelve year old trying to impress girls, he's been getting a bit more, rouge.

"Mom, Elyssa tried to make  me and Vivian try Uncle Dex's Iggy Morning Breath exlier! Just to see if it would work so she can then use it for her University teacher!" Kenric said while Elyssa stuck her tongue out at him.

"I did not! All I asked was if you guys would like to go to Slurps and Burps to see if Uncle Dex HAD anything new is stock!" Elyssa argued back.

"Alrighty guys. Let's stop the bickering. How about you guys head outside. Those trees need a good climbing today," Keefe said as the three kids got up and raced out the front door.

Once they were outside, Keefe led Tam to his office and left Biana and Sophie to the bursts.

"Oh! Sophie! You will never believe what I heard Vivian telling her friends the other day!" Biana said, stuffing the burst into her mouth.

"So last weekend, Vivian has Marella's daughter, Fiona, over for a sleepover. And Fiona suggested they talk about boys. And, as we predicted, Vivian went on and on about Kenric. I was standing in the corner the whole time and she actually said some pretty cute stuff. Just don't tell her I told you that I was there because she HATES it when I spy on her."

Sophie laughed and replied with, "I won't tell if you don't tell Viv that Kenric has been ranting to Alec about her."

Biana laughed and said something else, but her response was drowned out by Kenric's yelling.

"MOM! ELYSSA MESMERIZED ME AND VIVIAN TO KISS!! IF SHE DOESN'T GET PUNISHED, I SUCKER PUNCH HER!"

Vivian ran past the couches and into the bathroom and locked tue door. Kenric fell into the couch and hid his red face in the pillows. Elyssa tried to sneak away, but Sophie caught the end of her cape and basically dragged her back to the couch.

Keefe and Tam came running down the stairs and stopped when they saw the scene.

"We heard yelling. Is everything okay?" Tam asked.

"Everything's okay. Elyssa, you know your boundaries, now go up to your room," Sophie said, pointing to the stairs.

Elyssa sulked up the stairs, which earned a confused look from Keefe.

"Okay, one of you please update me."

"ELYSSA MADE ME KISS VIVIAN!" Kenric muffled-shouted from the pillows.

"Okay, no need to yell, kiddo. Elyssa will be grounded. Where's Viv?" Keefe asked, rubbing Kenric's back.

"The bathroom," Biana replied. Tam walked over and got Vivian out of the bathroom.

Vivian slouched in between her mom and dad, looking everywhere but Kenric. Keefe made Kenric sit up and like Vivian, wouldn't look at her.

"Okay kids, I think it's time we talk about crushes." Tam said.

Kenric and Vivian groaned while Sophie and Biana shared a smile.