new boy in town

Sophie was sitting in her local coffee shop, doodling in her notebook.

She was wearing a beige sundress with a white short-sleeved tee underneath. She was wearing a white hair scarf and cute, brown boots that ended a bit above her ankles.

She sipped her coffee and a handsome young man, who looked to be about her age, walked in.

He had fluffy blonde hair and sharp ice blue eyes. He was wearing a white sweater and jeans with worn-out converse.

She watched him order his coffee and what appeared to be a bagel but looked away when he glanced at her.

Out of the corner of her eye, she watched him sit down at a table across from her, clearly wanting to sneak some glances at her.

After about ten minutes of them sneaking peaks to each other, the boy finally grabbed his coffee and bagel and sat in front of her.

"Hey, I'm Keefe Sencen," he said.

Sophie put her pen down on her notebook and smiled at him.

"And I'm Sophie Foster. Are-are you new to the area? Because I come here at least three times a week and I've never seen you here," Sophie replied.

"Yeah, I moved here yesterday and I wanted to explore the area, so I stopped for some really good coffee."

Sophie laughed and sipped her coffee.

"So, are there any places I should know about?" the boy asked.

"Hmmmmmm, gather your stuff. Lemme show you something."

Keefe smiled and stood up, placing his phone in his back pocket. He grabbed his coffee and watched Sophie place her things in her over-the-shoulder bag.

The two walked out of the coffee shop and Sophie took him to the public park.

"I already checked out the park......." the boy said, looking around.

"Yes, but there's a secret spot nobody really knows about that I think you need to know about."

Keefe laughed and followed her down a small stone path. And at the end of the path, was a small wooden gazebo covered in vines and flowers. Inside the gazebo were hanging flower baskets and cushioned benches.

"Wow, this is beautiful," the blonde boy breathed.

"Yeah. This is like my little escape for whenever I'm feeling down. And there's also a small creek about twenty feet away that's good for a quick toe dip," Sophie said with a laugh.

"Well that's good to know."

Sophie laughed again and grabbed his hand. She pulled him into the gazebo and they both set their things down on the benches.

Keefe took one of her hands into his and she placed his other on his shoulder. Keefe's other hand lingered on her waist and the two started slowly dancing.

Sophie wondered why he had started up the dance, but she didn't ask anything of it.

She placed her head on his chest and the two swayed to non-existent music.

The two danced and talked for a bit, getting to know eachother. But about thirty minutes into the sweet, simple dance, Keefe pulled away and smiled down at her.

"So, can you show me that creek?" he asked.

Sophie nodded and they gathered their stuff. The two then walked the quick walk to the creek and set their stuff down again. They took off their shoes and socks and walked into the small river.

Sophie laughed and Keefe rolled up his jeans. He also rolled up the sleeves on his sweater and Sophie couldn't help but notice his muscles.

"So, welcome to the creek," Sophie said.

Keefe laughed and walked closer to the girl. He ran his hands down her arms and then placed his hands into hers.

"Thanks for showing me the gazebo and this creek. I'm so coming back," Keefe said.

"Yeah, I'm glad you like it."

Keefe smiled and looked down at their hands. And the. without warning, Sophie took one of her hands and placed it on his cheek. She stood on her toes and pressed her lips to his.

His lips were soft and tasted like his coffee. They both smiled and she was the first to let go.

"Welcome to town, Keefe Sencen."