thanksgiving

"Sophie, Sophie! Calm down! Everything will be fine," Keefe said, grabbing Sophie's arms to stop her.

"No, Keefe. It's not going to be fine. Our family and friends are all coming over in what, 5 hours? And I barely have dinner ready!" Sophie replied, trying to break free from his grasp, but failed.

"Sophie. Breathe with me. In through the nose, out through the mouth. In...out. In...out. There we go! Now, let's keep making this pie!" Keefe said, giving his best friend a quick hug before they turned back to the counter.

Sophie started making the dough for the crust and Keefe was mixing the pumpkin mixture together in a bowl.

Sophie was about to say something to him, but when she looked over at him, he was sticking his finger into the batter. So the only logical thing she thought of, was grabbing a handful of flour and throwing it in his face.

"FOSTER!" he yelled, turning to face the giggling blonde.

"You we're dipping! We agreed no dipping!" Sophie argued as she watched Keefe brush flour off his face.

"Well, you didn't have to mess up the Hair!"

Sophie giggled and walked over to him. She brushed a bit off his cheek, but her hand lingered for a second too long.

"Well, the flour definitely makes you more handsome," said Sophie, taking her hand off his cheek.

"So, what I'm hearing is, Foster's calling me hot?" he asked.

"Oh, you know it, Sencen," Sophie replied, wrapping her arms around his waist.

Keefe smirked at wrapped his own arms around her waist. Sophie stood on her toes and pressed her lips to his.

Their eyes fluttered shut and Keefe smiled against their pressed lips.

It lasted about eight seconds before Sophie pulled away. She rested her forehead against his and smiled.

They looked into each others eyes and then smiled soft smiles.

"I would love to do that again, but we still need to make the pie," Sophie whispered.

Keefe laughed and pulled away. He gave Sophie a final smile before she went back to making the dough.

"Need some help?" he asked when he noticed her struggling.

"Yeah, maybe," she said with a small laugh.