i need you

"SOPHIE!"

Keefe's voice rang throughout Havenfeild as he raced down the hallway to her room. He burst in and tried catching his breath. Edaline and Grady were standing on the right side of her bed and Elwin was on the left, flashing lights in her face. Her eyes were closed, but her eyebrows were knitted together and her mouth was turned down in a frown. Her forehead was beaded with sweat and she had a tint of green to her skin.

He rushed to her side, Edaline and Grady moving back to let him have his space. He stroked her forehead and at the feel of his hand, her expression softened.

"Sophie, I'm here," he whispered, smiling when her mouth turned up a bit.

"Keefe," she groaned, turning her head to face him. She slightly opened her eyes and smiled at bit more, but quickly closed them again.

"Ssshhh, it's okay. You're going to be okay."

She nodded and relaxed. He took the gloves off her hands and hung onto her. Edaline shook in Grady's arms and he rubbed the boy's shoulder, putting the past behind them so they could be there for Sophie.

"Is she going to be okay?" Keefe whispered,  scared for the answer.

"I'm not sure, but you being here is lifting her spirits," Elwin reponded, not taking his eyes off the girl.

That gave Keefe a pang of happiness. He had liked Sophie ever since they met and she meant everything to him. She was the only thing he was fighting for. But since she wasn't allowing him to go join any fights, she was at risk. And now his mother did something to her and he can't help her.

"Keefe," she said again, a little more power in her voice.

"Sophie, don't waste your energy," he responded, feeling tears form. He couldn't lose his love. Not now. Not ever.

"Come...here."

He glanced at Edaline and Grady and he gave a slight nod.  He climbed into bed next to her and wrapped an arm under her waist.

"I'm here," he whispered, still gripping onto her hand.

"Thank you," she whispered. She closed her eyes and let out a breath. Then she stopped breathing.

Edaline turned and sobbed into Grady's chest and he hung on tight to her. Elwin stood up and held his head in his hands, pacing and mumbling to himself. But Keefe, oh poor Keefe.

He took his hand off her waist and clamped it around the one he was already holding. Tears finally spilled out and he shook her hand.

"No, no, no, no, NO! COME BACK! Please, I need you," he shouted. But her eyes didn't open.

"She's gone, son," Grady said, his voice cracking. He tried to put his hand on the boy's shoulder again but Keefe shook it off.

"No, she can't be! I need her! She's keeping me going! Sophie, please! PLEASE!" he shouted before resting his head on her chest. He cried so hard, Grady had to pull him off just so he could make sure he didn't choke on his tears.

Keefe took one last look before burying his face into Grady's chest. Edaline joined the hug and Keefe broke apart.

The blonde sat up and gasped. He looked outside and noticed how dark it was. So, the next logical thing to do was quickly brush his teeth, brush his hair, and throw on some clean pajamas. He grabbed his pathfinder and ran out to the back patio of Shores of Solace. He ignored Ro as she yelled at him to get back inside. And of course, she was too late as he glittered away into the night.

Next thing Keefe knew, he was standing at the front doors of Havenfeild. Sandor didn't even blink and just let the boy inside.

"Thank you," he whispered as he ran inside. He bolted up the stairs and her guards let him into Sophie's room. Again, not even blinking an eye.

When he entered, Sophie sat up. Her hair was in a loose bun and she wore a nightgown, the sleeves going down to her elbows. She looked stunning and it made Keefe feel stupid.

"Keefe, what are you doing?" she asked, getting out of bed to stand in front of him. "You've been crying."

She reached up and wiped away tears. Apparently he had been crying, but he was thinking too much about her to realize.

"You're alive," he whispered, touching her arms and then going to her hands. She had lost the gloves a while ago, finally able to control her enchanting ability. He laced their fingers together and felt tears of relief fall down his face.

"What are you talking about?"

"I had a really bad nightmare. You died right in my arms and-and I couldn't save you. Please, don't leave me, please."

Sophie smiled and wrapped him in a hug. "Keefe, I would never leave you. You're so important to me. You have no idea how much you've impacted my life."

He nodded in her shoulder and she smiled. She pulled away slightly and said, "Stay here with me. Tonight. That's an order."

"What?"

"I can't have you having another nightmare. Not on my watch."

He smiled and they climbed under the covers. Sophie snuggled up against Keefe and he wrapped his arms around her waist, also wanting to protect her.

"I love you," he whispered. He said it so silent, he thought she wouldn't hear it. But she whispered it back.

"I love you, too."

I'm sorry this one is a bit short, I just needed y'all to know I wasn't dead. I hope to get some more great ideas soon because lemme tell you, my mind is bone dry.
Have a wonderful day!