matchmaking

Sophie walked into the bathroom and almost screamed. She had seen bedhead before, but never THIS bad.

She immediately grabbed a hairbrush and started brushing it out. After it was tamed, she quickly brushed her teeth and walked downstairs for breakfast.

Edaline, Grady, and for some reason, Keefe were sitting at the table.

"Uhm, what are you doing here?" she asked, eyeing the blond boy while taking a seat.

"Am I not allowed to stop by whenever I want, Foster?" he asked with a sly smile.

"He's here regarding your matchmaking....uh, situation," Grady replied.

"But why him?" Sophie asked.

Keefe mocked gasped and Edaline smiled. Edaline patted Keefe's shoulder  and said, "Because you're number one on his first list."

Sophie's jaw dropped and Keefe snickered. "Here's the list, Foster."

He handed her a long piece of paper with a bunch of names on it and her eyes darted to the first name. Sophie Foster.

"Bu-but I don't understand! I can't be put on ANYONE'S matchmaking list if I'm unmatchable! Unless I'm not unmatchable anymore, which would be an absolute miracle," Sophie said, standing up to pace back and forth.

"MAYBE they finally got Forkle to confess to them my real parents, but I doubt that happened. So how am I matchable now? Maybe I"m just so co-" she started to say, but Keefe stood up and grabbed Sophie's shoulders.

She looked up at him and he said, "Foster, you need to stop worrying. First off, it's really killing the vibe. And second, there. Is. Nothing. To worry. About. When I got the list, I took Ro with me and I made them explain. They told me that even though you're unmatchable, they couldn't resist the urge to put us together."

"That makes no sense! If I'm unmatchable, I'm unmatchable. I can't be matched with anyone. There has to be a mistake."

"I wish I could say it was a mistake. But that's your name on there, Foster. And You're my number one, whether Grady likes it or not," Keefe said, taking one of her hands into his.

Sophie clung onto it as she sat down, trying to process what was happening.

"But  I'm unmatchable and I'm repeating words but I just don't even know anymore," the blonde telepath said.

Keefe sat next to her and rubbed his thumb over her hand, which was still in his. Thankfully, that seemed to calm her down.

"I know this is confusing, Sophie, and we're confused too, but since you're number one on his list and it seems like you two have a special connection, just maybe give it a try. See what happens," Grady said.

Sophie's head snapped up and her eyes grew wide. Her dad hadn't always been the nicest towards Keefe, but this was a new high, even for him.

"Did I just hear you correctly?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, you did. Now I advise you two of you go and spend some time up in your room," Grady said, shooing the two away.

Sophie let go of Keefe's hand and went upstairs, blocking out all noise. She sat on her bed and pulled her knees to her chest, slightly rocking back and forth.

"Sophie," Keefe started, stunning next to her, "I know this is scary, but c'mon. Let's give it a try!"

"I would love to, Keefe, but what if I suddenly appear on Fitz's list? I mean, after he cheated, I would never in my immortal life go back to him, but people would love to see the Freak and a Vacker together."

"No calls you a freak, Foster! If they did, they would be dead in the ground," Keefe said, taking one of her hands into his.

"Yes, they do, Keefe. Have you heard what they've said in the streets? It's always whispers of the freak, stolen girl, alicorn girl, you name it, they've said it. So dating would make it even worse. We'd be called a Bad Match. I knew it was stupid to sign up for it," Sophie mumbled.

"Sophie, I need you to believe in yourself. I believe in you. Grady and Edaline believe in you. All of our friends believe in you. Just give yourself  some credit."

Sophie sighed and gave a slight nod. Suddenly, rain started pouring down. Keefe looked out the window and smiled. He clipped his cape off and stood up.

"Take your cape off," he said, holding his hand out.

Sophie slowly stood up and took hers off. She took his hand and he pulled her outside to the massive pastures of Havenfield.

The rain poured on top of them as Keefe's hair got kind of ruined.

"What are we doing our here?" Sophie asked.

Keefe placed his hands on her waist and smiled.

"We're dancing in the rain."

"Keefe, are you crazy? It's raining! We're going to get cold!" Sophie said wiping water off her face.

"Of course I'm crazy, Foster. Crazy about you."

Sophie felt herself blush as she let herself relax. They both started laughing as he twirled her around.

They danced and danced and danced until their feet hurt. As Sophie was catching her breath, Keefe pulled her close to him and pressed his soft, sweet lips onto hers. Sophie wrapped her arms around his neck and Keefe wrapped his around her waist.

After a few seconds, Sophie pulled back and rested her forehead onto his.

"I love you, Sophie. Even if you're unmatchable."

"Right back at you, Keefe."

Y'all I feel so bad for not updating. I honestly have no ideas whatsoever but I'm gonna try a few soon :)