cuddling

"Foster, I know you're stressed, but everything will be fine."

Keefe was watching Sophie pace back and forth in her bedroom, thinking about all the problems the Neverseen could create.

"No, nothing will be fine. We're all in danger and I can't afford to lose my friends, especially you," Sophie said, sitting next to Keefe on her bed and placing her face in her hands.

Tears started pouring out and Keefe wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Sophie turned her body so she was pressed up against Keefe, and it felt good to cry into his shoulder.

"Ssshhhhh, it's okay Sophie. You're okay," he whispered, calmly running his fingers through her platinum blonde hair.

Sophie wrapped her arms around his neck and just clung onto the boy, his arms around her waist holding her together.

"Y'know, I read somewhere that cuddling really helps relieve stress," the empath softly said.

Sophie brought her head up, her cheeks wet from the tears. "Re-really?" she stammered.

Keefe cupped her face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs.

"Yeah, yeah it does. I thought you ought to know, in case you need a snuggle buddy," he said with his adorable crooked smile.

Sophie lightly laughed and smiled back at him. "Well, you're in luck, snuggle bug, because I'm in need of some cuddling."

Sophie practically threw herself into the middle of the bed and patted the spot next to her.

Keefe crawled next to her and she snuggled up against him. She unclipped her cape and kicked off her boots, making sure they fell off the bed.

Keefe quickly did those same actions and pulled her close to him. His cape and boots hit the floor as Sophie just got comfy.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and she nudged her head into his chest like a cat. Keefe laughed and squeezed her. Sophie smiled and closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around his waist, so it was like a cuddle hug.

"You're the best," Sophie muttered.

Keefe smiled and rested his head on top of hers.

"You're better," he mumbled back.

Now it was time for Sophie to smile. Again.

"So, is the cuddling working?" Keefe asked.

Sophie nodded against his chest and snuggled closer to him.

And then the two laid there for a few hours in silent. Not saying anything, just letting the action speak for itself. But at some point, they both fell asleep.

Edaline came and checked on them, but decided to let them sleep. She covered them with a blanket and reassured Sandor and Ro that everything was fine.

The next morning, Keefe was the first to wake up. But he didn't remove his arms from Sophie, not wanting to wake her up.

"Just to let you, Sophie, I love you. I always have and I always will. And I'll be here, waiting, until your ready," he whispered, running his fingers through her hair.

Sophie let out a small moan and scooted up a bit so her face could be in the crook of his neck.

"Di-did you hear what I said?" Keefe asked.

"Maybe......"

Keefe laughed and pulled her closer to him.

"Oh, and by the way, I love you, too," Sophie muffled into Keefe's neck.

Keefe smiled and wanted to stay cuddled up with Sophie forever, but he had to get up.

"No, come back. Let's just lay here for a bit more, please?" Sophie asked.

"Foster, I'm hungry," Keefe argued back.

Sophie groaned and sat up. She walked over to her bathroom and brushed her hair. Keefe walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Can I borrow a brush?" he asked, resting his chin on her head.

"No. Your hair looks good fluffy. Maybe you should quit using gel for awhile," Sophie replied, reaching a hand up to ruffle said hair.

Keefe scrunched up his nose but let her run her fingers through it.

"So, do you have something I could wear? I need to get out if these clothes," Keefe complained.

"Uhhh, I might have some sweatpants in my closet. My mom got them for me but they were too large. They might fit you. They're on the top shelf," Sophie replied, continuing to brush her hair as Keefe walked into her gigantic closet.

And two minutes later, he came back out in the grey sweatpants without a shirt on.

"Wow, they fit you perfectly," Sophie gasped.

"Do they make my abs look good?" he asked, throwing his old clothes on the floor.

"Of course," Sophie replied, picking up her toothbrush and toothpaste.

Sophie quickly brushed her teeth, then gave an extra toothbrush she had to Keefe.

"Now it's your turn," she giggled, handing it to him.

He gave her a look before quickly brushing his teeth. Sophie smiled at him one more time before heading into the closet.

She quickly changed into a soft, short sleeved tunic and leggings. She walked back into the bathroom found Keefe waiting for her.

"So, can I kiss you?" Keefe asked, loosely wrapping her arms around her waist.

"Hmmm, well, lemme think.......of course you can."

They both smiled and Keefe leaned down while Sophie stood on her toes.

His lips were soft and tasty minty, which made Sophie smile.

"You like the minty taste?" he asked, pulling away and laughing.

"Yeah, yeah I do. Now get back here, please."

Keefe's lips found its way back to hers and Sophie couldn't be happier.