The Mortal Cup

INDIANA WAS sitting next her best friend, Simon Lewis, as they waited for their other best friend, and Indiana's twin sister Clary, to come back from her interview at the Brooklyn Academy of Arts.

The two made idle conversation as they waited, both nervous for the outcome. The bell above the cafe door chimes and in walked Clary, frown drawn on her face. Two of three musketeers shared a look before Simon stood up,
"Give me the professors names and I'll end them." He stated, at the twins incredulous look however he added,
"You know - with a scathing e-mail to the dean."

"Don't bother." Clary said before placing the letter down between both her twin and their mutual best friend.

"You bitch you had me worried." Indiana laughed after seeing 'Congratulations' written on the letter,
"Sad face, really." Simon asks as smiles grow on all of their faces.
"Well played, well played." Simon joked as all three put their hands in the middle in the weird three-way handshake they had come up with the same day they had dubbed themselves as the 'three musketeers'.

"You know it's weird, they kinda liked my assigned work but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel." Clary said,
"Your welcome." Simon said cockily.

Receiving a text, Indiana looks up and grins, "This is gonna be the 18th birthdays of all 18th birthdays."

Clary and Simon exchange slightly apprehensive looks, "Is that from your mysterious hook up?" Clary asks with a smile on her face though the worry is palpable.

"Yes it is, we're meeting tonight after we go out." Indiana finalises, though she does feel bad for keeping a secret from her two best friends but she just wasn't ready to let them know that she was bisexual, she had realised just two years ago and still wanted to keep the secret a little while longer.

Sensing the tension the shortest redhead spoke up as the waitress came to the table dropping off their drinks,
"We are going out tonight right?"

"Yes, with Maureen after our show." Simon confirmed eliciting a groan out of her.
"Indi why don't you like her?" Simon questioned her,
"I don't know, there's just, I don't need a reason she's just a bitch man."

Clary quickly jumped in,
"So what's the deal with you and Maureen?" She asked Simon,
"What deal, no deal, we just sing together that's all." Simon quickly spat out,

"Are you fucking serious Si, you don't know she's been crushing on you the entire time!" Indiana exclaimed, which clary backed up with a few nods of her head.
Simon was quick to deny this before Clary interrupted,
"Simon how can someone as smart and preceptive as you not realise the the person sitting right there is in love with you?" At his reply, " I guarantee you that I'm not the only smart and preceptive person to make that mistake." Indiana mentally faced palmed as literally the whole world, except Clary, knew that Simon was in love with her.

Smiling down at her phone, Indiana turned out the conversation until Clary grabbed her arm and they head back to the apartment.

[][][][][]

"Hey Dot." Clary said as she and Indiana made their way into the shop below their apartment.
"Hey!" She replied as she flipped over some Tarot cards, while Indiana waved in greeting before asking,
"You reading any futures over there? Cause mine is looking particularly good today." Looking at Dot, Clary confirmed "The mystery hookup."