Lost Parabatai

INDIANA GASPED AS another wave pushed her under. Jace was torn away and that made Indiana hold on to the wolf tighter. Indiana frantically searched her body for her stele.
Finding it, she activated two runes, breathing underwater and stamina. She needed to get to shore or the wolf would die.

Indiana saw the beach in the distance and began swimming as fast as she could, holding the werewolf in her arms. Reaching the shore Indiana saw someone. Abandoning the wolf Indiana punched the person in the face and stole their phone before running back to the wolf.

Dialling the number it didn't take long for it to be answered.
"Hello-" Indiana cut off whoever was speaking.
"Is this the Jade Wolf Pack?" She asked putting pressure on the wolf's wound.
There was no reply.
"Please, I've got a wolf stabbed, her pulse is weak and she's lost a lot of blood. I need help!" She shouted down the phone.

"Where are you?" The man asked.
"On the beach. She needs more than medics will handle. Try to get a warlock." Indiana demands.
"We're on our way." The man states before hanging up.

Indiana rips the bottom of her top off and places it against the wolf's wound. It didn't take too long before a group of people began running on to the beach.
"Gretel!" One of them shouted as the warlock pushed her way to the front.

Everyone was silent for a moment as the warlocks magic wavered over the wolf before she stopped out of breath.
"She'll live. Only just, another minute and she'd have been dead." She announced.

Indiana slumped back and sighed in relief.
The wolves crowded around Gretel but they all looked at Indiana.
"Where was she?" A burly man asked.

"We were on Valentines ship. A circle member thought she was responsible for the death of his father."she explained and the wolves growled.
"You're a circle member too. If you were also on that ship." He shouted.
Before a curly haired woman stepped forward.
"Don't be stupid, this is Indiana Morgenstern." She pointed out and now it was Indianas turn to snarl.
"I go by Indiana." She informed them.

"Come back to the Jade Wolf and we can discuss what else happened." She offered and Indiana nodded.
"Before any of you leave I want my payment." The warlock demands.

"What do you want?" The gruff man asked.
"I want some of the Shadowhunters hair." She asked. Indiana brought her blade up to her hair and sheared a piece off, handing it to the warlock, missing the confused and awed looks from the wolves.

Gretel is picked up and Indiana stands to follow the wolves before stumbling.
The curly haired wolf comes to her aid.
"You okay?" She asked.

"I had to use multiple stamina runes to get to shore quick enough for Gretel to live. It's great at the time but when you crash after, you crash hard." Indiana grunts as her knees hit the floor and black spots appear in her vision.
She vaguely feels her body being picked up before she loses consciousness.

It's only an hour or so later when Indiana begins to wake. Her entire body aches all over and she's surprised to find herself lying on a table at what looks to be the Jade Wolf.

Indiana grabs her head as she sits up and her vision blurs. Almost instantly a wolf is beside her with a glass of water and some Advil.
"Thanks." She croaks out taking the pills.

"No. It's me that should be thanking you." Gretel appears in front of her.
"Gretel are you okay?" Indiana asks.
"I am, thanks to you." She replies with a small smile.
"I'm glad." Indiana returns the smile.