A Door Into The Dark

INDIANA SHOT UP as she felt her iratze rune being activated. Gasping for breath she could feel her abdomen knitting itself together. She frantically looked up and faintly recognised the institute around her and a warm hand grabbing her own brought her attention to Alec. Grabbing his jaw she kissed him with joy and desperation, it was a mess of limbs and awkward angles but it was filled with happiness.

"Alec." She breathed softly as she rest her forehead against his,
"Little Red. Omega." Alec chanted in a whisper as his grip tightened almost not believing she was here,
"Where's Jace?" Indi asked after a minute of silence, Alec's whole body tensed and that was all the confirmation she needed,
"We'll get him back." She replied strongly but her chest hurt with doubt. Alec quickly informed Indiana of what had happened and veins filled with fury. Her mother, no, Jocelyn had tried to kill Jace.

Speak of the devil and they shall appear.
Jocelyn entered the infirmary.

"Get out." Indiana said tensely. Looking at the older woman who paused.
"Get out!" She shouted and Jocelyn nodded leaving the room.

Indiana slumped against Alec before she was filled with determination. Getting up her abs ached but nothing she couldn't handle so she began to make her way to the training room,
"Where are you going?" Alec asked his worry obvious and well deserved,
"Training. I need to train so my abs heal strong." Indi replied.

Alec was quick to follow her and soon they were both in the training rooms beating up their respective punching bags.

"Alec, Indi, are you guys okay?" Clary asked walking into the room, Indi barely held back a sneer of disdain, Alec had filled her in on why they hadn't got Jace back.
"Pretty bold of you to show your face here." Alec snarled,
"I can explain." Clary tried,
"Unless your explanation can bring Jace back, save it." Indiana glared venomously at her sister,
"Guys, Jace is my friend, too." Clary defended, Indi laughed harshly as Alec spoke up,
"You barely know him. I grew up with him.
I fought by his side. He's my best friend. He's my mate. He's our mate." Alec shouted stepping closer to Clary.

"Alec, Alec, I want Jace back as much as you do. I, I am not my mother." Clary says shakily and Indiana scoffs heavily disgusted by her moms actions,
"How well do I even know you? I mean, you show up out of nowhere, you convince my mate, you convince me to search for your mother. And the next thing I know, Jace is gone. And your mother is the one trying to kill him." Alec says lowly and Indiana takes no offence to his words. They were all true.

"I had nothing to do with that, Alec. I would never hurt Jace." Clary swears
"Since you've arrived, you've caused nothing but problems. My family lost their birthright. Izzy was almost deruned. And now Valentine has my Parabatai and Alpha, I only just got my Omega back. And it's all because of you." Indi places a soothing hand on Alec's bicep as they storm out of the training room stopping just in front of Clary,
"When are you gonna realize you don't belong here? You never have." He sneers and Indiana feels numb to his words.

Clary was her sister, but that felt old, wrong. All Indiana felt when she saw the other redhead now was sadness that she didn't have both her mates with her.
"Alec. Indiana." Izzy shouted as they left the room.

They headed into the main area for a meeting. Indiana smiled at Lydia as she took the stage. She might not have known her long but the blonde had been there for her in ways that Clary and Izzy should've been but weren't.

"There's a clear pattern. Young, strong, highly-skilled fighters, all abducted from boxing clubs, dojos and gyms. Valentine must've realized that even with the Cup, creating Shadowhunters isn't easy. He needs mundanes who are more likely to survive the conversion." Lydia explained.