Day Of The Wrath

INDIANA AND ALEC, hand in hand, enter the city of bones.

"What is your business here, Shadowhunters?" A silent brother asks, obstructing there path.
"We need to see Jace Wayland." Alec answers. Indiana can hear crying in the distance, the sound of screams and pleas.

"Pay no heed to their desperation. They all deserve to be here. Infractions against the Clave do not go unpunished." Brother Enoch informs them and Alec and Indiana share a look of annoyance before they see Jace.

"Jace." Alec greets.
"Alpha." Indiana smiles sadly.

"You two shouldn't have come here. Take them out." Jace demands and Indiana feels like crying at the sight of him behind bars.
"No. We're not going anywhere..." Alec tells him.
"Unless we know you're gonna be okay." Indiana adds.

"Jace, I, this is my fault. If I hadn't allowed Dot to take me-" Jace is quick to cut her off.
"You're not what put me here, Little Red. I have to pay for my actions." Jace tells them.
"Not by yourself. What can I do to help? Please, tell me. I will do anything." Indiana pleads.
"This is beside the point. Neither of you have done anything wrong." Alec states gruffly.

"You need to stay away from me." Jace says after a moment of silence.
"What?" Alec says tersely, his hand tightening on Indiana's.
"No matter what happens, never come near me again." Their Alpha instructs.
"Jace, what are you talking about? You're my mate. We're supposed to mate Indiana and get our happily ever after." Alec spits out angrily.
"I am Valentine's weapon. You think he's just gonna let me go? He knows that you two... You're my weaknesses. If I ever get out of here, he'll come after you again." Jace grits out through clenched teeth.
"Let him. I'm not afraid. We'll fight him off together." Alec states.
"Besides, you're not the only one Valentine wants." Indiana mumbles.
"There is no together for you and me. There never can be. Alec, mate Indiana and you two can be happy but I'm dangerous and you need to stay away from me." Jace states before backing away from the bars.
"We're done here." He tells the silent brother.
"Jace don't do this." Alec begs.
"Alpha, please." Indiana's eyes water as she's led out of the city of bones.

By the time the pair arrived back at the institute Magnus had just finished his meeting.
"How'd it go with Aldertree?" Alec asked the warlock.
"Well, the man didn't disappoint. In his own charming, inimitable way, he informed me that I will indeed be punished, but the form of punishment is yet to be decided." Magnus answered and Indiana frowned. Magnus was her friend and the idea of him being punished didn't sit well with her.
"All for trying to save my life. Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there. And it did make a difference. So... Thank you." Alec blushed slightly and Indiana smiled, yes Alec was mated but anyone with a brain cell knew Magnus was stunning.
"Thank you for not dying on me." Magnus replied.
Indiana pulled the warlock into a tight hug.

"How is Jace?" He asked, looking between the pair with concern knowing this would take a toll on them.
"He won't be gone long. Once his hand touches the Soul-Sword, the truth will come out... And prove that he's never been on Valentine's side." Alec smiles lightly.
"Look I know that a lots been going on and I've neglected my duties as a good friend. So I thought maybe we could go to yours, watch some movies eat some snacks, you know catch up?" Indiana asked with a small blush on her cheeks as Alec and Magnus share a smile.
"That would be wonderful." Magnus returns her grin. The three turn to the exit before Raj interrupts them.

"Hey, Alec, Indiana. Demon briefing in the ops center. All hands on deck." He states.

"My dear Raj... You look well." Magnus comments snidely and Indiana can't help but smirk.
"Rain check?" The warlock offered.
"Yes." Alec states as Indiana nods before Magnus leaves the institute.