The Guilty Blood

WALKING AMONGST THE dead bodies of mundane who were not strong enough to become Shadowhunters, Indiana let a tear slip out her eye.
"There are so many." She whispered and Jace was quick to pull her into a tight hug.

"Jace, Indi." Their attention snapped towards Alec,
"Alec!" Indi shouted dashing across the boat towards her Beta,
"How did you get here?" Jace asked him,
"I Portaled in. Come on, let's go. We don't have much time." Alec told them,
"I can't." Jace said,
"What?" Alec and India asked in unison,
"Look, we got to get you out of here." Jace told them firmly,
"No, we're not leaving without you." Indi tells Jace placing a hand on his cheek.

Footsteps creep up behind them and Indiana turns to see a circle member, she steps forward but Jace gently shoved her back before catching the circle members blade arm and forcing it backwards, he quickly sends a punch to his temple knocking him out before he arms himself with his new blade.

"Ah and you must be Alexander. You are tenacious, aren't you?" Valentines voice caught their attention and they turned to see him storming up to them, circle members in tow,
"Stay back." Jace growled as he held his blade up and his other hand kept both Alec and Indi behind him.

Indi watched as Jace and Valentine struck at each other, parrying with their blades, she held her breath as their blades hit the ground before Jace pulled it back up and as Valentines blade got caught Jace thrust his through Valentines stomach.
"I killed him." Jace muttered somewhat in shock,
"Jace, come on. Let's go." Alec directed as Indiana latched on to Jace, holding his hand tightly.

The trio began running as the men who had watched Valentines defeat started to chase, entering a room full of pipes the group kept a fast pace until Jace was pulled from Indiana's grasp,
"Miss me, son?" Indi heard Valentine say to the blond before they began fighting again and all Indiana could do was stand and watch. She had no weapon and only basic training, though she did wonder why Alec was not helping, Why he was so silent, why he was not comforting her as he used to.

It wasn't loud before Jace leapt at Valentine stabbing him and throwing them both over a rail at the same time,
"Alpha!" Indiana shouted in worry before jumping over the railing and down to Jace. Helping him up she finally noticed the growing around them, and saw people, Downworders, locker in cages.

"What is this place?" Alec asked as he joined Indiana and Jace,
"Looks like a Downworld prison." Jace answered,
"More like a zoo." Alec added,
"Don't say that. These people are in pain." Indiana snapped at the raven haired boy.

"Where's the Portal?" Jace asked Alec and Indi wanted to puke as Alec started deactivating his glamour rune to reveal Valentine.
"Your skills may be unparalleled. But your loyalty is sorely lacking. Indiana you gave me hope when you attacked me at your friends house but today you proved me right. Omegas are useless. String them up." Valentine called and he injected both Shadowhunters in the neck. Indiana could feel herself being dragged away as her vision started to disappear.

[][][][][]

Held up by her hands, Indiana grunted as she was hit again and again. Around the face, in the stomach but she was almost silent, her small grunts quiet not wanting to give anyone the satisfaction of her screams. The man in front signalled to someone who doused her with water before he ripped off her top showing her black sports bra.
Circling her he chuckled as he was behind her and Indiana's grip on the chains tightened. Footsteps showed he was walking away and when he returned and stood in front of her, Indi's veins turned ice cold as she shook her head desperately and fought against the chains. He disappeared from her line of sight again but it wasn't long before the familiar crack of a whip came down on her back. Her scream was instant as her old scars began to reopen.
Time became prolonged and every movement was agony ad blood, sweat and tears dropped from her skin. She fought desperately to keep her screams inside of her.