The Descent Into Hell Isnt Easy

"INDI, CLARY, come on we gotta go." Simon pleads, the twins give each other a slight nod before facing Simon,
"Simon, I think Jace can help us." Clary says softly,
"What?" Simon exclaims hurt that his best friends are choosing some guy over him.
"Come on." Indi says as she turns to follow Jace inside.

Simon continues to try and persuade the twins,
"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try-"
"Mundane, we do not have the time." Jace flips round to face Simon.
"Come on, Simon. Let's go." Clary drags him inside away from the sirens that get closer each second.
Entering the church Simon looks confused and Indiana realises Simon can't see what she can. Jace must know too as he rolls up his sleeve and pulls out what looks to be a stele not unlike the one her mom gave to her for her birthday and begins to trace a rune into his skin.

"I know Si. It's okay." Indiana calms him,
"He's, like, burning himself." Simon says before Jace grabs his hand,
"Buddy, what's going on, man? I'm not your type, man. I don't even-" Simon panic trying to pull his hand from Jace's before the room starts to appear before him.

"Where are we? What the hell? Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?" Simon asks
"There is now." Jace said as he let go of Simons hand and stalked forward.

"I think our mother's at the center of it." Clary tells him.
"You coming?" Jace shouts back to Simon,
"Yeah." He replies trying to catch up with the three in front,
"What is this place? There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop? So this cold-blooded killer is gonna help us?" Simon insults causing Indiana to flip back and almost snarl,
"He's not a killer. He's protecting us.",

Jace smirks at the protective tone in Indiana's voice,
"Specifically, you. It's sort of our thing."

"Your thing? You guys have a thing?" Simon stutters,
"He means a Shadowhunter thing. That's what they do, protecting humans from demons." Clary explains as Indiana briefly closes her eyes. What's going on, she feels lost, why does everything in her want Jace despite not knowing even a day.

Opening her eyes she sees Alec walking over,
"What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" He spits out and Indiana takes the time to really look at him, he fits into her normal type more than the blond she can't seem to get out of her mind, and yet despite this Alec's tall figure and alluring eyes also seem to catch her attention. Indiana decides then that to be a Shadowhunter you must be hot, she's met Jace, Alec and Isabelle and all are very 'visually appealing'.

"A Circle member followed him to get to Indiana and Clary." Jace explains to Alec and Indiana swears she sees his eyes soften when they land on the tall brunette.

"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took our mother." Clary continues,
"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" Simon asks yet another question,

"All we know is a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunters got killed including my father and since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle." Jace explains,

"But, how is that even possible? It's your history." Clary says staring at Jace and a growl starts to form in Indiana's throat, a hand on her back makes her look up at Alec who's look consoles her and stops her growl before anyone else can hear it.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter?" Jace laughs looking away from Clary which somewhat soothes Indiana.