Dead Man's Party

BACK AT the Institute Indiana paced. Things weren't going well. Simon had been kidnapped and Raphael had noticed her.

"What was that back there. How did the vampire know you?" Jace asks Indiana angrily, a bout of possessiveness taking over him despite knowing the girl for only a few days. He had heard of the pull of an unmated Omega but never felt it in till now.

"Look, I wasn't completely truthful about my knowledge of the shadow world." Indiana started, a guilty look appearing on her face,
"I didn't know about Shadowhunters or Downworlders but I did know about vampires." She looked down almost ashamed of herself for not telling the blond and brunette sooner. It was like disappointing them physically hurt her.

"How?" Is all Alec said,
"I had a thing with one of them." She mumbled,
The two boys breathed out deeply about to berate the girl before Clary interrupted.

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than than what you people call mundanes?" The smaller redhead shoots her twin a thankful glance, eager to have the attention off her.

"Because we protect humans." Izzy states,

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." Clary rants shooting a pointed look at the guilty Lightwood girl,
"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec protects his sister from Clarys harsh words.

"Alec, not now." Indiana whispers as she grabs his hand gently in the hopes of calming him down.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Jace explains to both the emotional twins but keeps his gaze on Indiana to reassure her that Simon would be okay.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone.' What am I supposed to do now?" Clary rants earning a harsh look from Indiana.
"Look we don't know where the cup is but Clary stay calm and listen to these guys. They know how to help."
She may not have been part of this world long but she understood that this cup was very important and not to be mocked.

"We have to report to the Clave." Alec sternly says looking directly at Jace,

"I understand that but how does that help Simon?" Indiana uncharacteristically outbursts, the pressure of her kidnapped friend joining that of her mom was getting to her.

"They have to know we've learned about Valentine." Alec looks down as he gently explains to Indiana the importance of the new information they had just received.

"What, that he's our father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" Clary rants shooting Alec a glare,
"Yeah I'm not sure telling the clave about daddy dearest is going to help him." Indiana agrees with her twin,
"Look, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup." Jace stiffly says, not pleased with their attitude towards his mate.

"Why? It makes new Shadowhunters." Clary unhelpfully adds,

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself. Plus, it controls demons." Alec rages at Clary tired of her stupid questions, he wants help Indi and all Indi wants to do is save Simon.