Love is a devil

INDIANA WAS QUICK to abandon Jace, Luke and Clary.
She sprinted off towards Magnus' place, glamoured and even then she stuck to the alleyways. This was not normal. She was not normal.

She banged on Magnus' door and didn't stop until he opened it.
His brows, drawn in in anger, dropped in shock as his saw her wings. He quickly ushered her inside.
"Kitten..." he trailed off.

Indiana just shook her head, she had no idea what to say.
"Portal the Inquisitor here please." She pleaded. Magnus nodded softly.

With a wave of his hands a portal appeared.
"Mr Bane this is an outrage!" The Inquisitor shouted.
"Madam Inquisitor Indiana has a development that must be seen to immediately and alone." Magnus told her.

There was a moment of silence before the Inquisitor stepped through the portal. It closed behind her.

"Well, where's Indiana?" She asked sternly, Magnus pointed behind her. The Inquisitor turned and her mouth dropped in shock.

She said nothing.
"When did they appear? How?" She asked slowly, mesmerised by the wings.
"An hour ago, myself and a few others stopped Valentine from activating the soul-sword by freeing an angel. He runed me and my wings appeared. But he warned me to, the rune that gave me these would kill anyone else. Valentine was right, I'm more angel than human." Indiana said quietly.

Again, the Inquisitor says nothing.

"You have been blessed for a reason child. Learn to use your wings, we will rune you with the angelic rune." The Inquisitor states.
"You've proven yourself."

"I have no need for a running ceremony, let's do it now." Indiana informs her, passing her stele to the Inquisitor.

Indiana kneels down at the Inquisitors nods and moves her hair away from the back of her neck.

"To the Angel I entrust my life.
And vow to uphold the laws of Heaven. I take this mark to honor Him.
To bring His light into me.
And vow to uphold the laws of Heaven.
So I may join the ranks of the Shadowhunters the guardians of peace." She recites
The angelic rune is seared on her neck and that, along with all Indiana's other runes, glow a bright gold.

Unconsciously Indiana allows her wings to unfold completely to their full wing span. Magnus and Imogen can only stare in awe.

"I must warn you, now that you've received your angelic rune your first heat will happen soon." Imogen informed Indiana who nodded.

"Madam Inquisitor did Sister Magdalena get to speak with you before she passed?" Indiana asked.
Imogen nodded.
"Yes she mentioned you passed my little test, may I see it?" She asked and Indiana pulled out the staff. Banging it once against the floor it sharpened, pulling it in the middle it split and tossing one part gently Indiana showed the way the staff always came back together.

"Remarkable." The Inquisitor remarked.
"You are remarkable. Indiana, you've been blessed." Imogen repeats bowing her head slightly.

"I must return to Idris but do not hesitate to inform of any other developments. I'll be back here in twenty minutes, wait for my return and together we will introduce you to the New York Institute." The Inquisitor offers before walking back through the portal.