Moo Shoo To Go

"AND HE spoke to you?" Indiana questioned shocked, holding the purple pendant trying to figure it out,
"He said my name. He said, 'Your mother for the Cup.' " Clary informed Indiana her tone scared,
"Who said that?" Alec questioned as he and Jace entered the room.

"Valentine." The twins answers together,
"He's with our mother." Clary continues,
"And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here, in the Institute?" Alec tried to clarify.

"It's like when I saw Dot." Clary said, as Indiana handed the pendant over to Jace,
"It's a Portal shard." Jace informed them, "That's why your mother made sure you had it."

"All I know is what I saw My mother's alive.
She's unconscious, but alive." Indiana keeps a straight face as she hides the relief that consumes her, it's still not too late, there's still time to save her.

"Where are they?" Alec started,
"I don't know." Clary stuttered,
"But you said you saw them. Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?" Alec pushes desperate for anything that could lead them to Valentine.

"I don't remember. It was awful." A frown covers Clary's face,
"Alec, lighten up." Indiana berates the Beta,
"I'm trying to get something we can use out of this. Clary, what did you see, exactly?" Alec's tone lightens up as he addresses the girl.

"Valentine has my mother. That's what I saw." Clary spits back. Indiana watches on in despair, the two boys had asked to court her last night before promptly disappearing and acting completely normal now. Indiana was confused.

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction.
You're ruled by them. We're taught to control them." Alec looks down on Clary with disdain,
"It is my job to protect the Institute.
If Valentine can see in, that's a door I have to shut. Now let me take a look at that thing. Now, it's in the proper hands." Alec strides out of the room, necklace in hand.

"Hey! Alec where are you going?" Clary shouts,
"To put this somewhere safe. Where no one could be tempted to use it." Alec ignores them and continues to walk quickly,
"We should use it. Alec, we should use it to get to Valentine." Indiana states, knowing her mother is alive was a huge relief but an even bigger pressure to save her before it's too late.
"If I were Valentine, I'd make you think that you could rescue Jocelyn. And then I'd lure Indi and Clary to me and leverage your lives for the Cup." Alec says crouching down and running bis stele over a rune on the floor.

"I like Indi's idea. We saved Simon from the vampires that way." Clary states as a long cabinet appears from the floor in front of Alec,
"Yeah vampires. Bored, decadent, self-involved vampires. Valentine is a real threat. He can't be handled by four-and-a-half Shadowhunters." Alec locks the cabinet and looks down on Clary,
"Five." She glares up.
"Whatever. Leave it there." Alec walks of, his Alpha following closely behind.

The twins share a complicated look that held happiness, anger and sadness all in one.

[][][][][]

"Hey, I'm sorry about the necklace but it was dangerous." Jace says to Indiana,
"I understand." She nods in acknowledgment,
"How about some training to make up for it?" Jace grins in hope eliciting a small smile and nod out of Indiana.

Clad in leggings and a sports bra Indiana stood opposite a shirtless Jace. He takes out his seraph blade and smirks as she uncoils her whip.
Rushing her Jace lunges forward with his seraph blade, diving to her left Indiana dodges, kicking her leg out. Jace jumps out it and Indiana quickly stand up, she recoils her whips noticing it's not correct for a close up fight.