CHAPTER FIVE

Late in the night, Precious alone is on the bed reading a novel. Iyiola comes out of the bathroom dripping wet.

  "You said you have something to tell me after dinner. So what's up?" Iyiola said as he put on his pyjamas.

" Yeah." Precious looked up from the novel she have been gazing at.
'Seat." She patted the bed . Iyiola comes to sit with her holds her hand and caress it.

  "What's up?" He looks at her affectionately.

   " It's about our problem." Iyiola looked suprised and confused.

   "Problem?"

   "Child bearing." Iyiola held Precious hands tightly and squeezed it lightly

   "I have told you so many times that we gat no problem. Child bearing isn't our problem and it's not going to be.  "

   " Calm yourself darling and listen to me ." She said softly.     " Last time at EMPIRE HOSPITAL,CARMARTHAN, WALES. The doctor said we are okay, I was thinking why don't you try somewhere else."

    " See,am tired if running up and down hospital for check up .Am good..."

" No baby that not what am saying." She interrupted him. " What I was saying you should try yourself on another lady, maybe.." She felt her hands are empty that was when she realized he dropped her hands.

   "Don't just complete your thinking,what is your problem. What were you thinking about." He was so furious as he speaks
  " What are you taking me for?asking me to betray my matrimonial vows?" He raise her head with his head. " Look at me do I resemble a man whore or a toy. Answer me Precious." He shouted on her
" Look here,you have kids or not I don't care. As long as you are alive and healthy." A tears drop from his eyes this was like her a dagger hitting Precious heart as she see tears dropping from her husband eyes,she wants to clean it with her just but she dare not at this moment.

    "If you want problem with me raise this topic again." He said and jammed up the bedroom door angrily. Precious who have been dumbfounded burst into tears.

                       ***************
"Precs,remind me to put dumb in qualities of you." Nana said as she put the tray which consists of cookies,two cups and a fruit juice on the table and sat next to Precious on the couch.

"I was just trying to give him a likely solution."

  "It so easy said than done but when he starts giving attention to his baby and baby mama, you would not tell the whole world you suggested this. "  Precious sighed at the bitter truth Nana just said

   " He have been avoiding me since two days ago the matter happened." Precious said sadly

" If am the one am going to do the same thing,so you won't lead me to make a irreversible mistake."

  Nana knew what had been her friend's pain,her marriage is gonna be four years soon but there hasn't been fruit of marriage. She held Precious hands and squeezed it lightly.

   "Don't think it's you alone this is eating,it does to everyone around you. J know Iyiola is just trying to be strong cause he knows the fault doesn't reside in any if you. Me especially am jealous of bit having god daughter or son. You are gonna have kids at your God convenient time." Precious looked at Nana but saw nothing but the truth, then she sighed.

        "Where is JOAN? I have not seen him since I arrived." She said looking around.

    " Upstairs"

  "Alone?" Precious stands and walk towards the stairs and Nana burst into laughter. "Chill godmother,he is sleeping ." Nana said amidst laughter. Precious look at her wristwatch and frown.

    "He doesn't sleep by this time,is he good?"

   " Yeah, it's the cold and cough medicine you bought for him last weekend." Precious sighed deeply

  " You better don't have a high BP" Nana said laughing.