CHAPTER ELEVEN

Precious was sobbing profusely with Nana backing her crying song up.

"But Precious,it's not the matter of crying, let's find out why he's doing like this." Nana said. "You have to be strong, crying won't give solutions."

"But Nana, why me? Why must I face  difficulties before a good thing happens to me?" Nana shake her head

  "Hun hun, not that laments again,he might be passing through something he does want to bother you about."

" Nana stop talking as if Iyiola is your elder brother,this is my sixth years of knowing him and four years of living with him." She shouted at her

"But seriously babe,if I must be frank I you for four days you ignored this guy because he lied,did you expect him to tell you something you don't care about." Precious didn't reply. "You too can also feel what's it to be ignored, but at least no matter how much he has been avoiding you,he still sit on the dinning and eat and food you prepared, what's up?" Nana break the silence.

"I wish you understand." She sighed.

Nana entered the living room, it's late in the night,she saw her husband sleeping on the couch uncomfortably. She comes near the couch and knelt beside it and caress her husband beard, this wakes Iyiola.

"Iyiola,am sorry for everything." Iyiola looks confused. " I know have offended you so much cause this is not the man I married,for a week you didn't hug me,kiss me, play with me, you have been avoiding me like a plague." She touched his cheek and he flinched.

Precious was surprised at his actions, Iyiola started crying.

" Can't you just get it,am full of flaws."

" Flaws? Everyone do but we get to correct each other."

" And what if  it's not correctable." He said he tears

"Iyiola,tell me what I don't know,you are killing me?" She burst into tears.

"Precious...." Precious not Precs ,not Mi Amor,not baby something must be wrong, Precious said to herself.

"Am here for you,pls let me share in your burden as you've always shared from mine." Iyiola rubbed his hair with his hand and burst into tears

"Precious am not worthy of your care."

" Tell me what's wrong ?"

"You remember the meeting at Abuja?"

Precious nodded.  "The one you suddenly stopped going without a reason."

"There was,a huge reason." He wiped his nose with his palm. "Promise me you won't interuptt till I finish what I want to say." Precious nodded positively.

"Cross my Heart."

"At the last meeting,we have a small party with some commissioners of health from other State, during this party I met my school daughter in secondary school ,she owns the hotel where the party was held. Seriously I don't know what happened but I was drunk,one thing led to another." He starts sweating profusely.
"On Saturday I told you I went to drink water in the midnight,I got a call from her that she is in Ibadan,so I went to meet her and she was confirmed pregnant for me ".

A slap landed on his cheek from Precious,then she burst into tears.

"Precious,see I know what I did was wrong. Please say so something,your silent is deadly." Another slap from Precious.

  "I know I deserve more than slap "

"You make me a fool thinking I wronged you but you are the one who have been doing bad things." Precious said amidst tears

" Who else know about this?"

"Uncle but he said I should tell you before it's become a big deal. Am kindly serious,if am not drunk I would never do such a thing."

"Just shush your mouth ok ." She stands on the floor and ran upstairs to the bedroom weepies. Iyiola runs after her but she locked the door before he could get to the door.

  " Baby please, don't just injure yourself. I love you." He knelt on the floor and burst into tears.