Pillow Fort

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I quickly take the hat off and run towards the Gryffindor table which is filled with cheers. As I'm passing I glance over at Sirius. He looks worried. I give him a reassuring smile, which doesn't seem to help at all, and sit down.

"Black, Sirius."

Sirius takes a deep, nervous breath and slowly walks towards the stool. He sits down and the hat is placed upon his head. His eyes are closed and he looks like he's muttering something under his breath but I can't tell what.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. Sirius sighs with relief and quickly removes the hat. He runs towards me with a huge grin on his face and hugs me as he sits down beside me.

"Mums going to hate this." he says with a mischievous grin. I just grin back at him. I wasn't paying much attention during the sorting and cheered when the rest of Gryffindor cheered. Turns out the other boys we met on the train ended up in Gryffindor too. It was very relieving to have people that we know in the same house as us.

Dumbledore stood up once again and simply said "Let the feast begin!"
Everyone cheered because we were all starving. I didn't realise how hungry I was until I saw the piles of food all along the tables. It was the most food I've ever seen in my life. Honestly, I almost cried with joy. I first tried some roast beef, potatoes and gravy with some veg. It was amazing. I continued stacking piles of food on my plate when eventually the main courses disappear and dessert appears. It all looks delicious. There is loads of amazing looking sweet treats. I am instantly heading for a slice of chocolate cake and as I reach it, so does Remus. Our hands touch and we both instantly pull away.

"Oh, sorry." I apologise nervously with a blush.
"No its fine." he assures me while also blushing. He takes a slice with the cake knife thingy(idk what its called, but its kind of triangular and is used for picking up cake slices) and puts it on my plate then gets one for himself.

"Thanks." I say while avoiding eye contact. I hear James sniggering and I guess he was watching the whole situation and found it funny. I kick his leg under the table. 
"Ow! Meanie." He says quite loudly while glaring at me. I smirk at him. Sirius gives me a confused look. 
"He deserved it." I explain. Sirius still looks confused but just shrugs his shoulders and continues eating.

After the feast was over, we were all lead to our common room. The Gryffindor common room was behind a portrait of a rather rude lady. The Gryffindor prefect told the Fat Lady the password and the portrait swung open to reveal a whole in the wall. We all scrambled through and as we entered we saw a lot of red and gold everywhere. It was a cosy round room and there were portraits of people and animals on the walls. They had a bookshelf with loads of books in it up against one of the walls. At the back there was a staircase, presumably leading to the dorms. There was plenty of comfy looking armchairs scattered around the room. There was lots of books and parchment littered around the room on the floors and coffee tables. There was a nice looking fireplace, it looked like it would be a good place to sit and read a book, especially in the colder, winter months.

"Up the stairs are your dorm rooms, boys, take the stairs on the left and girls, take the right. All of your belongings will already be in your rooms. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of the older students." The prefect says kindly.

We all begin heading up to our rooms. I stay near the back of the group in fear of being squashed to death. Everyone is cramped together while going up the stairs so I just wait behind a little bit. I thought I was alone but then I notice Sirius, Remus, James and Peter waiting with me.