Hogsmeade

"Hogsmeade trip this weekend." Sirius announces as he and James sit down beside me, Remus and Peter at the breakfast table. The full moon was a week ago so Remus will be able to go this time. 
"Can't wait." I say excitedly.

**********

This week went by so slowly, but finally Friday arrived and thankfully the first few classes went by quite quickly. We have double potions with the Slytherins next and I honestly cant be arsed today. Slughorn has so much energy yet the classes go by so slowly. Plus, with the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin there's a lot of tension in the air, especially because whoever wins the upcoming Quidditch match wins the cup and both houses get really competitive when it comes to Quidditch.

As usual, I partner up with Remus. Today we are learning to brew shrinking solution. 
"I'll get the ingredients." I say to Remus after Slughorn puts the recipe on the board. Remus nods his head and I walk over to the ingredients cupboard. I gather all the ingredients we need and begin walking over to the table but me being the clumsy idiot I am, I tripped over air. I land on the ground and all the ingredients I was carrying fell onto the floor. I sit up and feel myself blushing with embarrassment. I begin gathering the ingredients off the floor.

"Here, let me help you." Someone offers. I look up to see a tall, dark-haired boy standing before me, holding some of my ingredients. He was also in Gryffindor though we had never talked before. "I'm Alex, Alex Jones." He says as he holds out a hand to help me up off the floor. 
"I'm Y/n Black." I introduce myself as I stand up. He hands me the ingredients I had dropped. "Thanks for helping me," I say. "Is there any way I could make it up to you?"
"You could go to Hogsmeade with me." He suggests.
"Sure." I say with a shrug. "Meet in the common room before we leave?"
"See you then." He says happily and wanders off back to his table. I smile to myself before heading back to my own table where James, Sirius and Remus were standing. 

"You idiot." Sirius says, shaking his head slightly. 
"The air has it out for me, ok." I joke defensively. 
"Who was that you were taking to?" Remus asks.
"Alex," I answer. "He helped me pick up the ingredients I had dropped." I purposely leave out the bit where he asked me to Hogsmeade because I knew Sirius would flip if he found out I had a date. Overprotective much. 

**********

"Lily guess what!" I say excitedly as I enter my dorm room later that day. 
"What?"
"I got a date for Hogsmeade." I announce.
"Who?" Lily asks. "Is it Remus?"
"No, it isn't Remus. What made you think that?"
"Just a guess." Lily shrugs. "Well, if it isn't Remus then who?"

"Alex Jones, a Gryffindor boy in our year." I answer.
"Y/n, do you know anything about this guy?" 
"No, why does that matter?" I ask.
"Y/n, for all you know he could be a total douchebag."
"Well he seemed really nice." I say with a shrug. "He helped me when I fell in potions." Lily doesn't reply, she just shakes her head and heads to the door. 

"I'm going to dinner, you coming?"
"I'm meeting up with the boys." I reply. "See you later." She leaves the room and I sigh, what if she's right, what if Alex is a douche? No. He cant be. He wouldn't've helped me if he wasn't nice. Right?

**********

"Y/n!" I hear my brothers voice yell. I turn to see him angrily storming towards me.
"What did I do this time?" I wonder aloud. 
"You are not going to Hogsmeade with some guy!" 
"How did you-" I begin but then realise. Lily. She told my brother on me? 
"I am not letting you go with him." He says stubbornly.
"Sirius, you don't even know who I'm going with." I argue.