Finale

I woke up in my own bed for the first time in ages. Me and the girls decided to spend our last night together, talking about our fondest memories together. It was fun and I really enjoyed spending time with the girls, I was really in need for a girls night. 

Everyone else is already awake when I get up so I greet them cheerfully and begin getting ready for the day. I put on my Hogwarts robes for the last time and sort out my hair. Just as I finish getting ready I hear a knock on the door. I open it to see Remus leaning against the doorframe. 
"Morning beautiful." He says and pulls me in for a hug. Marlene jokingly makes gagging noises behind me. 
"Ready for breakfast?" I ask, ignoring Marlene. Remus nods his head and takes my hand in his and we walk down to breakfast together for the last time. 

We sit down at the table beside James, Sirius and Peter. We all eat breakfast quietly, none of us really say much, none of us really know what to say. This will be the last time that we're all sitting together, having breakfast in the great hall and enjoying each others company. I know that we've still got the rest of the day here but I'm really going to miss this place.

**********

After breakfast me and the boys decide to walk around the school for a while before we have to get ready to leave. We quietly walk around, all of us not speaking, all of us too lost in thought to say anything. We then walk outside and sit under our favourite tree. We begin talking about all our favourite memories and laughing about how ridiculous we all were. I lean my head on Remus' shoulder and he wraps one arm around my waist and rests his head on top of mine. I sigh quietly in contentment. 

**********

"Y/n, its time for the feast." Remus says entering my room where I was sitting on my bed staring at the floor. "What's wrong?" Remus asks kneeling down beside me. 
"I don't want to leave." I mutter. Remus places one of his hands on top of mine and sits beside me on the bed. He wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him.
"I don't want to leave either," Remus admits. "But we cant stay here forever."
"Why not?" 
"Y/n, we've got to go." Remus says softly and I nod my head in acknowledgement. 
"Remus, can I ask you something?" I ask.
"Anything."
"What would you say if I told you that me and Sirius want you to move into our apartment with us?"
"I would say that it seems like a brilliant idea and that I would love to move in with you." Remus says and I smile at him. He kisses me softly but passionately.
"Now, lets go eat." He says once we pull apart. 

We walk down to the great hall hand in hand and sit down beside our friends. Dumbledore stands to make a speech, which instantly silences everyone.

"Students," Dumbledore's booming yet gentle voice says. "I assume you are all aware of what's been going on outside of these walls, I know that I don't need to inform you all of the dark lord who calls himself Voldemort. I ask you all to stay safe, especially those students that are leaving the school for the last time. You are leaving the school and going into the real world which is filled with death and destruction, but just know that even in the midst of destruction and chaos there is always peace and warmth with those you love, so hold those people close, because in times like these you never know who you might lose. But enough with all the sappy, meaningful words, I hope you all learned a lot this year, though most of you are going to forget all of it over the summer. For the students who will be returning, I cannot wait to join you all for another year of excitement and learning, and for those students who are leaving, I hope you all have long, happy and successful lives. Stay safe everyone." 

Everyone erupts into applause and cheers as the tables suddenly fill with food as Dumbledore sits back down in his seat. Everyone begins piling their plates with whatever food they could see. I take my time with the meal, savouring every last bit of food knowing that this will most likely be the last time I will ever eat the amazing food from Hogwarts. 

James, Sirius and Peter are shovelling as much food into their mouths as possible while me, Remus, Lily, Marlene, Alice and Frank watched with disgust. 
"What?" Sirius asks with a mouthful of food once he notices us staring. "Its our last time eating Hogwarts food, we're going to eat as much as possible." I shake my head slightly and look away from the boys and back to my plate. 

We finish up our main courses and dessert appears on the tables. I dig in instantly. I go to grab a slice of chocolate cake just as Remus does the same. Our hands touch and I look up at him and smile. 
"I swear we've done this before." Remus says jokingly and the memory comes back to me. It was our first day at Hogwarts at the feast, back when me and Remus were so much more awkward. I begin laughing and Remus joins in. "Here." He says as he puts a slice of cake on my plate. 
"Thanks." I say and begin eating the cake. 

**********

I was in my room for the last time. I look around the room and sigh, I'm really going to miss this place, the comfy beds, the amazing view, talking with Alice, Marlene and Lily late at night, everything. I sigh as I cast Locomotor on my trunk and lead it behind me as I walk out my room and up the stairs to the boys dorm. I walk into the room and see Sirius sitting on the floor surrounded by some of his belongings.

"May I ask why you aren't packed yet?" I ask as I place my trunk gently on the floor. 
"I couldn't fit everything in so I'm sorting everything and trying to make space." Sirius explains.
"You couldn't fit everything in because everything was just thrown haphazardly into the trunk." Remus says and I laugh slightly as I walk over to my boyfriend. I sit next to him on his bed. 

"And you've forgotten something." Remus says. I think for a moment but he leans down and picks something up from under his bed. It was my broom. 
"I hadn't forgot it," I lie as I take it from him. "I was just coming up here to get it."
"Sure." Remus says sarcastically as I walk over to my trunk and place my broom on top of it. "Also, did you check under your bed, I've noticed you have a tendency to shove random items under there."
"I did check under my bed," I say as I sit back down next to him. "Lily told me to." 

**********

The train ride back was quite uneventful. Lily, Marlene, Alice and Frank joined us in our compartment and we joked around the whole ride, which managed to take my mind off the sadness of leaving.

We arrive at the station and get off the train with our trunks, owls, brooms and other belongings. We all say goodbye and part ways, James way going to his parents', Lily was going to see her family, Alice and Frank had bought a house together, Marlene was going back to her apartment and that left me, Sirius and Remus.

"Ready to go home?" Remus asks and extends his hand to hold. I take it and smile. With him, anywhere is home. 

Ok, sorry for the short chapter. So, as you can see in the title, this is the final chapter in this book. I will begin writing the next book asap and I'm super excited to start writing it. Its going to be filled with emotions(or at least that's what I'm planning) and I cant wait to start it. 
Hope you all enjoyed this book and I will tell you when the next book is published.
Thank you all so much for reading. I love you all.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Edited