Mudbloods and Amortentia

It was a nice spring day and me, Sirius, Remus, James and Peter were sitting under a tree, enjoying the warmth. Remus was laying down reading a book and I was snuggled up next to him. James was messing about with a golden snitch he had nicked and Sirius and Peter were watching in amusement. That's when James notices something, or someone.

"Oi, Snivellus!" He calls and I roll my eyes. 
"James, leave him alone." I hiss but, of course, he ignores me. James, Sirius and Peter stand up, getting closer to Severus. I groan. "Why do I even bother?" I mutter and Remus chuckles slightly. 
"Expelliarmus." I hear James yell and Severus' wand goes flying in the air and James throws another spell at him, causing him to drop the books he was holding. James then proceeds to lift the boy into the air and dangles him upside-down. "Now, who want to see my take off Snivellus' trousers?" He asks earning a cheer from the group of people who had surrounded them, keen to watch the situation. I feel bad for Severus, he did nothing to deserve this.

"Potter," Lily yells angrily. "Put him down this instant." 
"Anything for you." James says and drops Severus to the floor. 
"I don't need your help," He spits at Lily, which gains my attention but what he says next makes me regret ever feeling sorry for him. "You filthy little mudblood." In the blink of an eye I stand up and swiftly rush over to him, pointing my wand at him.

"You better watch your fucking mouth." I say angrily.
"Y/n!" Lily yells but I ignore her. Nobody insults my friends. 
"What you going to do about it?" Severus asks. 
"Haven't you been embarrassed enough today?" I ask. "Or do you want to add to your humiliation by getting your ass kicked by a tiny little girl?" By this point Remus was by my side and had put his arm on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down. 
"Y/n!" Lily shouts again, this time I turn to look at her. "I don't know what you're planning on doing, but whatever it is, don't do it. What he said doesn't matter to me." I can tell by her face that it does bother her but I do as she says and lower my wand. 

"That's what I thought, you scumbag little bitch." Severus mutters and that was the final straw. So, I punched him in the face. He stumbles back slightly out of shock. I storm off and I hear people following me, I don't look back though, I needed to get as far away from that stupid git as possible and the Gryffindor common room seems like the best place to be. When I arrive at the common room I instantly sit down in the nearest empty seat. 

"Y/n, what were you thinking?" Remus asks but before I could answer James and Sirius happily jump in.
"That was bloody excellent." James says. 
"I am so proud of you." Sirius says but the portrait hole bursts open revealing an angry looking Lily. 

"What is wrong with you?!" She screeches causing the others in the common room to look at us. 
"A lot of stuff probably." I mutter. 
"Do you really think this is some sort of joke?!" She yells. "Why couldn't you just leave him alone?!" I don't know who she's referring to, me or James. Probably both of us. "James, what has he ever done to you?" She asks and James shrugs, clearly unable to speak due to the fear Lily is causing. She is one scary lady when she's mad. "And Y/n, did you even attempt to stop James?"
"Why should that be my responsibility?" I ask. Is she really blaming James' actions on me? Does she really think I have any control over him?
"Because, I thought you didn't mind Severus, I thought that you knew he had done nothing wrong and James was just being a dick. Did you even try to stop him?"
"I told him not to." I say defensively. 
"Well maybe try harder next time!" 
"Trust me, next time I wont be standing up for the prick. Not after what he called you." I say angrily and Remus once again puts his hand on my shoulder to calm me, which doesn't work in the slightest. 

"Fuck this." Lily says angrily and storms out of the common room.
"You guys mind if I sleep in your room for a few nights?" I ask. "I'm scared she's going to try and kill me when I'm asleep."
"Only you could joke in a situation like this." Remus says but I can tell that he's holding back a smile.
"And you know you're always welcome to stay with us." Sirius says. 
"I'll go get some clothes then." I say and head up to my dorm room, where I see Alice sitting on her bed reading.