The Marauder's Map

"Do you think this will actually work?" James asks. Me and him were currently working on the map idea that Sirius had. Where are the others, you may ask, well, Sirius and Peter got detention for attempting to prank the Slytherins and Remus was on prefect duties, which left me and James. We are in the common room attempting to cast some charms on a piece of parchment.
"Are you doubting my intelligence?" I ask sarcastically.
"Yes," James replies. "I really am."
"Thanks for believing in me Potter."
"We calling each other by last names now Black?" James asks sarcastically.
"That's what you get for insulting my intelligence Potter." I say.
"You insult my intelligence all the time." James says defensively.
"Cant insult what you don't have."
"That is just mean." James says but he has a smirk on his face.

"Made any progress?" I hear Remus ask. We turn to see him standing by the sofa we were sitting on.
"Kinda," I answer. "We got a bit distracted and ended up being mean instead though." Remus chuckles.
"You two cant go a full day without insulting each other." He says.
"She started it." James says.
"Did not." I say defensively.
"You are both so immature." Remus says and sits down beside us. He picks up the piece of parchment and begins inspecting mine and James' progress. He adds a few more charms, which don't seem to do much, before placing the parchment back on the table. 
"Lets just work on this tomorrow or something," Remus says. "I'm too tired and you two don't have the attention span to work on something for more than five minutes." 
"Hey, that's not true." I say but Remus just laughs and gives me a quick kiss. 
"You know that it is true," He says and stands up. "I'm going to go get ready for bed."
"Its eight o'clock." James points out.
"I'm tired." Remus argues.

**********

"I think we're done." Remus says as we sit in a circle on the floor in the boys' room making the finishing touches on the map. 
"Now just to test if it actually works." James says.
"I'll go walk around and you guys can see if I move." I suggest.
"You're just looing for an excuse to go down to the kitchens." Remus says.
"So?"
"You are ridiculous." Sirius says.
"You want me to bring you guys back something?" I ask.
"Yes please." All the boys mutter at the same time. I laugh to myself and get given a list of foods and drinks that the boys want me to bring back.
"I'll be back soon," I say as I walk over to the door. "Be sure to make sure the map definitely works."

I walk calmly through the near empty halls of Hogwarts, that is until I hear loud, familiar voices coming up quickly behind me.
"Well, well, well, what've we got here?" I hear Snape's voice say. "Little Black, all alone?" I turn around to see him, Mulciber, Avery and Regulus walking quickly behind me.
"What's a pretty girl like you doing wandering the halls all by yourself?" Mulciber asks as the boys, minus Regulus, begin walking closer to me. I begin searching my pockets for my wand. I cant find it. Crap, I think I left it in the boys room. The one time I leave my wand is the one time I need it. Fucking excellent

"Where's your precious little boyfriend?" Avery asks.
"Or your stupid twin brother?" Mulciber asks.
"Or Potter?" Snape adds. "Usually you are all inseparable. What're you doing all alone?"
"None of your fucking business." I snap. "Now back off before I punch you in the face again."
"Is that a threat?" Mulciber asks harshly.
"Yes, it is," I say without thinking. I need to think before I speak, its going to get me into big trouble if I don't. "What you going to do about it?"

"Guys, leave her alone." Regulus says and everyone, including me, looks over at him. 
"Defending the little bitch are we?" Mulciber asks. 
"She's my sister." Regulus argues. 
"She's a dirty little muggle-loving blood traitor." Avery spits.
"She's done nothing," Regulus says. "Just leave her alone."
Mulciber, Avery and Snape ignore him and turn back to face me. All three of them point their wands at me.