Part One

Right, I've decided that I'm not going to write about the summer because I'm running out of ideas. So basically they've been at Hogwarts for a few weeks. 
Also this chapter is going to be two parts and I don't quite know what to call it.

I loved being back at Hogwarts, it was my home, but something was off. Remus was acting weird and distant. At first I had told myself that it probably had something to do with the full moon but that was a week ago and he was still acting odd. I knew I wasn't going crazy (or crazier) because when I asked James, Sirius and Peter if they thought he was acting differently they agreed with me. Something was wrong with him and I was going to get to the bottom of it. 

"Remus?" I whisper as we sit through a particularly boring potions lesson, today we weren't making any potions which sucked. "Can we talk?"
"Y/n," Remus whispers back, not taking his eyes from his notes. "We're in class." That has never stopped us before, especially not with Slughorn, James and Sirius were noisily talking at the back of the room and Slughorn hadn't even bothered to tell them off. I tried to talk to Remus after class since it was the last class of the day but rushed off saying that he had prefect duties. He was clearly avoiding me. Did I do something wrong? 

"Y/n, can we borrow your notes?" Sirius asks with James beside him giving me a pleading look. 
"Well maybe if you didn't talk all through class you wouldn't need to borrow mine." I say though I duplicate my notes so that there is now three of them and hand one to Sirius and one to James. 

"Thank you." James says. "We've got quidditch practice later tonight by the way." I nod my head as I put my notes in my bag. James was chosen as quidditch captain and was extremely happy about it and I was happy for him, being captain sounded like a lot of work and it didn't seem like something I wanted to do. James loved it though. We walk to the common room, James, Sirius and Peter discussing something but I silently think about why my boyfriend is avoiding me. I'm literally thinking about every action I have done since we arrived at Hogwarts and I cant think of anything I could've done to upset him. 

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Sirius asks. "You're being unusually quiet."
"Nothing." I lie. "I'm fine." 
"No you're not, don't lie to me." He says. "What's wrong?" I don't reply. "I'm not going to stop asking until you tell me what's wrong with you." He says and I sigh. 
"Have I done anything that could've upset Remus?" I ask and the three boys all look at me.
"Not that I can think of." Peter says and James nods his head in agreement. 
"Maybe you didn't do anything," James suggests. "He hasn't been speaking to us much either." 
"I just wish he would tell me what's wrong." I say to no one in particular. Sirius puts his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. 
"You didn't do anything wrong," He says. "I'll force him to talk about it tonight."

**The next day (Saturday)**

I sit down at the breakfast table where James, Sirius and Peter were, but Remus wasn't. 
"Any luck on getting him to talk?" I ask. 
"No," Sirius says. "He says he needs to talk to you about it first."
"Well, where is he now?" I ask. 
"He said he was going to the library." James says.
"Bye then." I say as I stand up. 
"Y/n, have some breakfast first." Sirius says. 

"I kinda think this is more important than breakfast." I say and leave the great hall. I head to the library and see Remus sitting in a chair reading a book. I walk over to him and sit down in the chair next to him. He notices me sit down and puts the book on the table though he refuses to make eye contact with me.

"Remus," I say quietly. "What's going on?" 
After a few moments he takes a deep breath. "We cant be together anymore." 
"What?" I ask and feel tears forming in my eyes.
"I'm sorry." He says quietly. I wait for a moment, expecting an explanation but when Remus doesn't speak I stand up and rush out of the library. I make it to the common room and say the password. 
"What happened to you?" The portrait asks.