Home (not so)Sweet Home

We've only been home a week and mum's somehow found a way to criticize every little aspect of me and Sirius. The way we dress, the way we act, every single life choice we've ever made. I'm fed up of it already. She's been constantly telling us how worthless we are. Being home is so much fun.
So far, me and Sirius have tried to spend as little time near mum as possible. Dad's been at work so we don't need to avoid him, for now at least. Our younger brother, Regulus has been following me and Sirius around, trying to get us in trouble. 

We haven't received any mail and we suspect that mum is taking our letters. Our friends promised that they would write, I told Lily not to though, I don't mum finding out about Lily. I don't want to put her or her family in danger. James, Remus and Peter definitely would've wrote though and I miss them all loads. 

Right now me and Sirius are up in our room avoiding our family. We are both lying on our beds, facing the ceiling and not saying a word to each other. Me and Sirius haven't really been speaking as much as we usually would, we do still talk but we mostly talk at night, when everyone else is asleep. That way, nobody can listen to our conversations. The usual silence is broken by the sound of knocking on our door.

"Come down stairs now or I wont feed you at all!" Mum yells through the door. Me and Sirius both sigh and stand up. We walk down the stairs and silently sit down at the table. Mum and Regulus on one side, me and Sirius on the other. Dad is at work right now, he is never around, he never has been. We eat the food, which is nothing compared to what we get at Hogwarts, and head back upstairs. We both plop down on our beds and lay there silently for a while before Sirius sits up quickly.

"That's it, I've had enough." He says quite loudly and I sit up and look at him questioningly.
"What do you mean?" 
"I'm sick fed up of being here, its so boring and its clear that we aren't welcome here so what's the point in staying?" He says rapidly as he begins stuffing his clothes and other belongings into his trunk. 
"Sirius, where would we go?" I ask calmly. 
"I don't know. James'?" 
"Sirius, if we do go to James' house, don't you think we should owl him first, just to make sure that it's ok with his parents." 

"Ugh, you're right. Why're you so reasonable sometimes?" He says jokingly.
"It's just because I'm smarter than you." I state. Sirius fake gasps dramatically.
"Take that back." 
"Never!" I shout playfully as he begins charging towards me and tackles me onto my bed and begins tickling me. 
"Take it back!" 
"But lying is wrong." I say through giggles as he begins tickling me more. Our fun is cut short when we hear banging on our door.

"SHUT UP!" Mum yells. Sirius stops tickling me and we both glare at the door. I sigh.

"Let's owl James before mum makes us forget what fun is." I say making Sirius chuckle. He gets out a piece of parchment and begins writing as I pack my stuff. 
"Done." Sirius exclaims and attaches it to Pluto, the family owl. Pluto leaves with the letter and I watch him fly away until I can't see him anymore.

**********

Its been three days since we sent the letter  to James and we still haven't received a reply. Pluto came back but didn't have any response so I guess James is going to use his own owl. I look out for any owls from my window almost all the time but I haven't saw any. 

"Dinner!" I hear mum shout from downstairs. I turn away from the window and walk down the stairs with Sirius. We sit down at the table and begin eating. About halfway through the meal we hear a tapping on the window. It's James' owl. Of all times for it to appear, it just had to appear now. Mum walks over to the bird and removes the letter from its leg and the bird swiftly flies off, honestly I don't blame it for wanting to leave as quickly as possible. This house is just depressing. Take me with you, owl. Please