Misunderstanding

"James stop." I say as he pokes the back of my head for the thousandth time. 
"Please." He whines. 
"I've already told you," I say. "I'm studying."
"I need help." 
"Mental help." I mutter. 
"I heard that." He says offendedly. "Y/n, I just need your help with this one thing."

"No James, anytime I help you I end up doing most of your work."
"Yeah." He says quietly as if that was his plan all along, which it probably was. I sigh and duplicate some of my notes.
"You can have these." I say as I give him the notes. 
"You're the best." He says and gives me a sudden bear hug, which ends up knocking me over so that I'm now lying on the couch instead of sitting and James ends up lying on top of me, making us both burst into a fit of giggles. James gets off me and helps me sit back up.

"You absolute moron." I say. 
"Oh shut up, you love me." James says and I roll my eyes. I notice Remus had come down from his room and was watching us.

"Hey Remus, how long have you been there?" I ask him.
"Not too long." He says sitting on the couch opposite us and opens up a book. "What are you two doing?" 
"I'm trying to study but James is being an ass, as always."
"Hey, I'm not always an ass." James says defensively.
"You totally are." I argue. 
"No I'm not." James says and Remus slams his book shut and heads back up to his room. "What's wrong with him?" James asks as we watch Remus climb the staircase.

"I'll go find out." I say and gather up all my notes and books and put them in my bag, don't want to lose them. I walk up the stairs to the boys' dorm and knock quietly before entering the room.
"Remus, what's wrong?" I ask as I see him taking notes in his bed.
"Nothing." He says while refusing to look at me. 
"Remus, something is clearly bothering you." I say. "Please, talk to me about it instead of bottling it up." 

"I'm fine." He says snappily and I'm taken aback. "Can you please just go, I'm trying to study."
"Fine." I say quietly, but loud enough for him to hear, and leave. What the hell is bothering him? It had nothing to do with the full moon, that was over last week. Did I do something to piss him off? I don't know anymore. I cant focus on this right now, no matter how much I want to, I have studying to do. 

**********

James and I decide to play a game of chess to take a break from studying. It was just our way of procrastinating but we didn't admit that, we just played chess. James, being the sore loser he is, demanded a rematch after I beat him. 
And that's how we ended up playing chess at one in the morning, because me and James both feel the need to win. 

"James?" Sirius asks as he comes down the stairs from his room. "Mate, you should be in bed. You too Y/n."
"Sorry," I say as one of my pieces destroys James'. "Got a little distracted." 
"I thought you two were supposed to be studying." Sirius says.
"Since when were you so responsible?" I ask and Sirius laughs.
"Never mind then," He says and sits down next to me. "Who's winning?"
"Right now, me." I say and James groans. 
"Not for long." He threatens.
"Yeah, soon I wont be winning, I would've won." I say and I was right I did win brining me two points ahead of James on our total score of who was winning. 

"Lets just call it a night." I suggest.
"You're only saying that because you won." James says and I stick my tongue out at him. Sirius laughs at us and the three of us head up to bed. 

**********

Studying was so stressful, but on top of that I also had quidditch practise and the final match was coming up and we were training more than ever, which I didn't mind, I would just prefer it if I actually had time to study.