Chapter Five- A Family Chat

Elladan

The sound of her voice echoes through the river of thoughts rushing wildly through my mind. I remember every moment of every conversation we have shared with such clarity. I can still see the emotions flickering across her beautiful face as she tried to comprehend all that has happened to her from the moment she first awakened.

I told my brother that I thought my presence triggered her memories of her family's deaths- that being around her was making her more depressed. Elrohir thought otherwise. He said that when she spoke of me, her eyes would light up a bit and her skin would flush the loveliest shade of pink. He even showed me their conversation as they talked by allowing me to tap into the bond we share as twins. I can see his memories, know his thoughts. 'Tis a gift and a curse.

The hopeful part of me could see it in her expression as we spoke. I could see the interest, the child-like excitement, as her mind stirred up dozens of possibilities of what this could be between us. She was utterly beautiful, even with tangled hair and dark circles underneath her eyes.

Yet, I could also see the hesitance in her eyes. She seemed unsure of the bond we share. She was tense and did not like it when my family underhandedly teased her about me.

Tears streamed down my cheeks throughout her story. Her grief was raw inside of me, showing just how strong our bond already is. I could feel every emotion of hers, as if it were my own. I could see flashes of her family members in my mind as she pictured them. I assume this happened because her emotions were so overwhelming and powerful, since bonds are not normally this strong until after marriage and after becoming one with your mate.

Earlier today, I was in charge of watching over Vesryn, and fate brought me to her- to Aredhel. When she looked up at me, I was left breathless. The memory of her beauty from yesterday was no match for how she looked this morning. Her crimson hair was pulled back into a loose braid that trailed down her spine sensuously, leaving little wisps of curls sticking out around her small face. Her eyes were round and innocent as she gazed at me unashamedly, taking in the sight of the elf she was so curious about.

I could feel her gaze trailing across every inch of me, memorizing and assessing. From what I received through our precious bond, she very much approved of me. The thought brought me some relief, but I still felt incredibly nervous around her- an emotion I am not used to experiencing. My pulse thundered through my veins every time she spoke to me or looked at me.

Undressing her was not something I expected to happen when Ada asked me to check her wounds. The thought of having to do so did not even cross my mind. Touching her in such a way when our bond is so raw and new... I surely will never forget it. I will never forget the way her dress slid down her smooth skin so effortlessly, as if it was made for me to take off of her.

I tried so terribly hard to not think such thoughts about her when she was so weak and vulnerable, but having never seen a female unclothed before, it was incredibly difficult. Females rarely come in for healing, unless they are in labor, and Ada always takes care of that; therefore, caring for Aredhel in such a way was all new to me.

I always prided myself on having such self control in every aspect of my life. I never understood how some elves could be tempted to sleep with someone before finding their mates. I never had such a desire to do so. I dreamt of my mate, of holding her and loving only her for all of eternity. To think of betraying her in such a way was unthinkable, even if I had not met her yet. But after meeting Aredhel and seeing her in such a way, I will never trust my self control again.