Manipulation

Nobody's POV

Natsu froze, his eyes widened in shock. It took a while to recollect his thoughts and he shoved Rin off of him. "What the hell!" He yelled covering his mouth.

Rin smirked, "did you not like it."

" W-what no! You said that you just wanted to be friends. I told you I wasn't interested in being in a relationship when we went out to eat." Natsu said.

"Natsu, I would be so much better for you. Gray doesn't deserve you" Rin said.

"You don't even know him! What are you talking about." Natsu said angrily.

"Oh my bad. Go ahead and stay with the guy who has been avoiding you." Rin argued, his words dripping with sarcasm.

" He-" Natsu started, but Rin cut him off.

"You going to tell me he hasn't been! If you ask me something fishy is going on with him and the blonde chick."

"I don't know why he is avoiding me, but I sure as hell know that he wouldn't cheat on me!" Natsu said.

"Do you Natsu, do you really?" Rin questioned, "because last time I checked I saw him with Lucy at the park." Rin had been walking down the street when he spotted the pair.

*flashback*
When Rin saw Gray and Lucy he snuck close enough to listen in on their conversation.

"Ok so I made of list of ways to ask him out." Gray said showing Lucy a piece a paper.

"Ooh these are all very good, but I think my favorite is this one" Lucy said pointing to a bullet point on the paper.

"You think Natsu will like that one the best?" Gray asked.

"Of course!" Lucy smiled.

*flashback end*

It was true Rin had seen the two together. Rin also knew that they were just talking about how Gray was going to ask the fire dragon slayer out. But Natsu didn't know, and Rin wanted to keep it that way.

"W-What?" Natsu stuttered.

Rin grabbed the others hand. "They were both sitting on a bench together and I'm pretty sure gray was asking her out. He said something along the lines of.  'He made a list of ways to ask her out.' The her being Lucy of course."

Tears started to prick at Natsu's eyes, "N-no"

Rin inwardly smirked. Manipulating the mind the infamous Natsu Dragneel made him satisfied.

" I don't know how else to get you to realize the truth flower." Rin said taking his hand his cupping Natsu's cheek. " I would never cheat on you. But apparently Gray would."

Hot tears were now streaming down the rosettes face. "I need to go." He said before standing up and walking towards the door.

" I would never lie to you flower. If you need someone to talk to about this then I'm always here." Rin said,  fake concern on his face.

"Y-Yeah thanks for telling me about...this." Natsu said walking out of the house with a tear stained face.

Authors note

👁👄👁

I'm-