Birthday Party

"Get dressed Pia" Misha yelled walking into my room the next day.

"What for?"

"It's dad's birthday party and no excuses. I even got you a dress so you can't say you don't have one."

"Misha I don't know anyone there" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"You know the people that matter. Besides Kabir is dying to see you."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he likes you Pia don't be dense. Come on get what you need and mom is already talking to the matron so we can go directly."

"I don't want to" I whined but my words fell to deaf ears. She dragged me out of the hostel and to her house where Panchi played dress up. Ruhi joined us soon and Halfway Misha stole some of her father's whiskey and I laughed my ass off as they all got drunk.

"Did you hear the old mansion at the turning is finally occupied," I overhead a conversation. "The renovations were on for months, must be someone loaded."

"Loaded and stupid, the mansion is completely surrounded by forest and with the history of wolves and animal attacks."

"Who are they?"

"Somebody called Raichand. They have multiple Universities and hotels across the world. Their son is brilliant too, Abhay Raichand."

"God everyone is obsessed with him" Misha said, "it's natural I guess, with that kind of money they could live anywhere, why come to Dehradun? Come on there is Danish and Panchi, let's stop them before they start having sex."

"Eeh Misha get your head out of the gutter." She stuck out her tongue at me and told me to stay put.

"Pia Jaiswal," I heard someone say, "another one of their charity cases, I've heard she's an orphan, they'll get rid of her within a few weeks"

"You know how both the sisters are, Panchi gets animals and Misha gets orphans, she should enjoy it while it lasts."

I stooped listening after that and without talking to anyone, walked out the front door.

It was fifteen minutes later, I realised I was lost, and that I had walked straight out of city limits, I began tracing my steps back only to find myself in a completely new place.

And then the wolf whistle started.

"Hello beautiful, you look lonely"

"We could give you some company."

Blood started pumping through my veins and I started running. They followed easily, I took a turn and entered the forest instead of road, not having the time to turn again, i ran forward, the leaves and branches scraping at me, i turned my head to look at them and felt a sharp sting on my head. I grabbed my head as it started throbbing, blood.

Suddenly I felt someone grab my arm and pull me to my feet. before I could scream, I smelled him, I was home.

Abhay stood infront of me like a wall.

"One day,"he said coldly "you can't stay away from trouble for one day" he said. Before addressing the men. "Leave, you don't want to mess with us."

"Us?"

"Do we have a problem here?" Another voice said and a 40 something man stepped out of the tree line.

"These men wanted to accompany Pia, dad" abhay said smirking at the men, the five men backed away. "Mom, why don't you take her home, me and dad will have a chat with them." Another figure stepped out of the tree line, it was his mother.