The council

He had no idea how long it he had been there, weeks, months, years. At first he knew anger at the betrayal, then he knew worry for his beloved, after that it was all thirst.

He was weak, weaker than he had ever been, they only fed him when his heart slowed down. There weren't many ways to permanently get rid of a vampire but this was one.

The vikaschandran knife could do it at once, a stab in the heart and it was over, they used it when they felt merciful.

You could take out the heart and fill the cavity with silver, it prevented the healing and the vampire died painfully, but it was messy.

Decapitation worked if you were fast enough, and immediately removed the head, the best thing was to burn the head.

And if you were a sadist bastard like the council, you could starve them slowly and then when they were at their weakest, you could hang them, their healing would be so slow the body will try repeatedly and fail, it could go on for hours.

It was considered cruel enough by vampire standards that no one did it.

He smiled sadly at his "parents."

Haseena was still strong, being the oldest, chand was okay too, he had trained himself to go as long as he could without blood.

"Did you do it?" He asked aloud.

"We were caught before we could awaken her." Chand said dejectedly.

"The beta sons are our only hope Siddharth." Haseena said breaking her week long silence.

"The wolves should not be trusted," Siddharth snarled.

"What other choice do we have, you are just saying that because you think the you gest will make a move on her."

The youngest beta son was something elase but that wasn't what he was worried about.

"Pia." He said his face darkening, he hated putting her in danger, left to him, he would have locked her at the top of a tower and thrown away the key. But she had to be the last one.

"Pia is a human who doesn't even know we exist."

"It was a link compulsion." He said and there was no reply, the compulsion will lift the moment he was killed.

"You didn't mean to survive this." Haseena finally said.

What they didn't know was that back in india, a group was planning to kill them, and another to save them.