Missing.

Do something, I can't get there on time. He said in my head.

"I'll go get it." I said just as misha started getting up. "Where is it?"

"See, that's how you act when an elder tells you to do something." Father teased. "second shelf on the left, it will be among the first five books." He told me and I left the room.

It was the second time I was entering his office, but the first time I was paying attention. It had six huge racks of books, three on each side of his desk. It was entirely filled with books, some looking so old they looked ancient. There were books on history, mythology, astrology, books about witches and magic.

It's a shame it will all have to burn.

No, i can't burn them, these are priceless artifacts.

You have to, think about abhay and Siddharth, our secret will be revealed.

It won't. You have to do it, it's easy, just strike a matchstick.

I can't.

You are weak and pathetic, you can't do this little thing for abhay, he deserves better.

I can't.

Slap.

"Pia" kabir yelled and I stumbled.

"Call Abhay." I whispered feeling drained, I began collapsing. "She's alive."

And then I blacked out.

When my eyes opened, my head was throbbing. Everyone was looking at me warily, I was still on the office floor.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" Kabir asked and i shook my head. "you were taking to long so misha came in to check on you. And you were just..." He trailed off.

"You were talking to yourself, rocking back and forth, mumbling. It took a slap to break you out of it. And then you said "call abhay, she's alive.""

"Did you?" I asked and she nodded. "God my head is bursting, i have no idea why i said that."

There was a knock on the office door.

"Abhay raichand is here" the maid said.
"Send him in." father said.

Abhay walked in a moment later. He looked at me on the ground and raised a brow.

"She doesn't remember" misha said. "She said "she's alive.""

"Who?" Abhay said but his body went rigid.

"You tell us," father said and abhay rolled his eyes.

"Pia is not the most reliable person when it comes to stories." He snorted. "Now if you don't mind, i have work to do." he turned and simply left.

Leave the window open.

"Dad, here's the book." misha said handing him the book. he ruffeled through the pages.

"here it is." he said placing the book carefully on the table, he placed the blade on the side and compared the two. I leaned in watching, it was written in a different language.

"This knife, created by vikaschandran mewar was used to haunt the creatures of the night, it was forged the day these creatures decended from the moon, under the same moon light that shines once every hundred years, and then dipped in pure silver kept under sunlight for four days, the knife will never go blunt or rust."

"You can read this?" Misha asked, I shook my head and said I was just looking at the pictures.

"Where did you find this?" I asked curiously and he smiled sadly.