The Raichands

"The work was on for months, I've heard you can't say its the same mansion anymore."

"I am tired of this Raichand gossip man" Misha said, "apparently they are quite big in dad's circle too, his father is super polite but real scary, doesn't wear anything other than black, Dad hates them, told me to stay as far as possible."

"Don't you have something else to gossip about?" Abhay asked rudely and the class went quite.

People were much more careful about the topic after that.

"I think we should go international with this issue" Kabir said. "The latest trends, the latest issues."

"Yeah Sure" i agreed. "We can do something on latest climate issues."

We talked for a while longer.

Planning out the details and deviding the work.

"Tanushree's team has decided to go international with the issue." The teacher said. "They are taking key climate issues so this topic is booked,"

My mouth dropped open. We all glared at her and to my surprise, she had her hands entwined with abhay, his expression was blank but the way she was thanking him made it obvious he had leaked our plan.

"Ma'am we are going local" i said standing up. "We will be talking about the heritage and local forest and our newest celebrities." My eyes met Abhay's and boy he looked mad at the last part.

Kabir looked surprised but impressed.

The moment we walked out of class, Abhay followed me, it bothered me that I was so aware of him, I parted ways with my friends to go to the washroom and he grabbed me, pulling me into a secluded area.

"What do you think you are doing?" He snarled angrily.

"You told T our plan" I accused, he didn't deny it. "We had to get a new topic and that's the first thing that came to my head."

"My family likes its privacy, keep us out of your stupid magazine." He snapped.

"I promised an article on it and I will deliver, fact or rumour is your choice," I replied.

"You'll regret this." He said and left before I could reply.

It took us four hours of extra work to outline the magzine, ruhi's parents called her so it was just me and kabir in the hostel's study hall.

"Let's take a break." I said dropping the pen. He nodded and suggested we go out for a coffee, without thinking, i said yes. Misha called me when we were halfway there stating she was bored and I told her to get to the cofee shop.

I saw a help needed poster in the coffee shop and immediately took down the number.

"What are you doing?" Kabir asked handing me my coffee.

"I really need a part time job." I replied not meeting his eyes, "I do some freelance writing here and there but it won't be enough for me to pull through four years."

"But here?"

"Kabir this is close to college, I can walk here everyday, it's for the best"

"I know that but Pia everyone from college comes here, every single one."

"I can't be picky, it's not very busy here so I can get my college work done too."

He nodded but he he didn't look very happy about it, which irritated me a lot but i didn't say anything.

"Okay how about I talk to my dad about internship at our company, you could get into PR, I go there as soon as-"

"I am a 1st year undergrad kabir i don't want something I don't deserve yet, I will apply there myself after my third year." I said forcing myself to be calm.