Mystery Man.

Panchi skidded the car to a stop and turned right around.

"What, where?"

"In your room, they won't let me in the hostel, she just called me."

"Why would she call you?" Misha asked.

"I don't have to explain anything to you Just come, ambulance is on the way."

"Why aren't they checking on her?" I asked frantically.

"The room is locked from outside and they said they won't break the door open because a random dude wants them to"

We reached the hostel gates and jumped out. I rushed in and opened the door.

Maya was sitting on the bed, shock and fear clear on her face. Her head and arm were bleeding.

"Thank god" she said before passing out. Kabir rushed into the room saying Misha had called him and he was still on campus.

He picked her up and rushed down the hostel. I began looking around but Abhay was nowhere to be found.

They handed me the form at the hospital and I wrote whatever I knew. I ticked the pregnant box and handed the form back.

The police arrived.

"Pia Jaiswal?" They asked.

"That's me" I Said standing up. "You brought in the victim?" They asked and i nodded. "You will have to come with us."

"Why?" Kabir asked standing beside me.

"Just to ask some questions." The police said.

"She is underage, you can't question her in the absence of her guardian." Misha butt in."I will call dad" she told me and went away.

Father came in half an hour later looking worried. They took us both in an empty room and started asking questions.

"How long have you known her?"

"Just a few weeks," i said.

"Did you know she was pregnant?"

"Yes, I overheard her talking with the guy on phone." I told them everything i could.

"Did you ever see her get into an argument with anyone?"

"No i-" i cut off and pretended to drink water as i thought. "No I didn't" i lied. "Can i have a few minutes alone?" I asked them and they nodded, leaving.

"What did you do abhay, please tell me it's not you."

My anxiety increased as they left a constable to wait for her to regain consciousness.

"Pia jaiswal" the doctor asked and i stood up. "Who are you to the patient?"

"I am her roommate. Her family lives in banglore."

"There was severe trauma, her head is okay but The monster aborted the foetus himself." She looked disgusted at the thought and a shiver ran up my spine.

Kabir received a call just then.

"What?" He said in shock. "They arrested Abhay, five people saw him argueing and someone saw him running away from the hostle."

"But he was with us the whole afternoon." I said.

"He left early." Panchi said and i shut up. I bit my lip anxiously, And stopped as I noticed them stairing at me.

"He can't do this" I said firmly. "I know him Panchi, you know him."

"Do we?" Panchi asked. "And why are you defending him?"