Chapter 3

JISOO

I looked down at the address in my hand then back up at the house we were standing in front of. "Why am I here?"

"Why are you so nervous?" Soojoo countered and wrapped her arm around my waist. "Irene already told you that Jennie wasn't going to be here tonight."

"I know but I haven't seen Irene in years." I pouted as she shoved me closer to the door. "I have two feet you know!"

"Really?" Soojoo smirked and let go of me, pointing to the door, "then use them."

I scowled and we made our way to the front door. I wrung my hands slightly before ringing the door bell.

"Babe," my girlfriend whispered in my ear, "stop fidgeting."

I nodded and held my breath as the door opened. I found myself staring in familiar brown eyes and then she screamed joyfully.

"Jisoo!" Irene practically jumped in my arms and squeezed me hard, her face in my neck. She didn't let go and I started to worry. "I've missed you so much." She breathed and pulled back, tears welling up in her eyes. "Oh wow, you're so beautiful. You grew up nicely."

I smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you getting married… to a guy?"

Jisoo laughed and wiped away her tears, pulling me in for another hug. "Well hey, I have to admit that you're hot."

I blushed. "Thanks Irene." I nodded and gave her the same compliment. She was always stunning and utterly attractive.

I glanced at Soojoo who had a smile on her face. "Oh Irene, this is Soojoo."

"Soojoo?" Irene grinned and hugged her briefly. "You sign all those cards and I'm just now meeting you."

"Yea," Soojoo smiled and looked at me, "Jisoo speaks highly of you."

Irene gave me an adorable look followed by a frown. "I'm sorry we lost contact Jisoo."

"Hey," I patted her shoulder, "I'm here now, you're getting married so let's just enjoy the time, yea?"

She nodded and told us to follow her. I laced my fingers through Soojoo's as we made our way into the nice spacious house. "Wow," I sighed, "you have a very lovely home, Irene."

"Thanks, Bogum let me do all the decorating." Irene gushed and took our coats, hanging them by the door. "You two could've stayed with us, you didn't have to get a hotel room. I have three spares that aren't ever going to be used."

Soojoo cleared her throat and smiled, "well I think with certain people that'd be coming over, comfort would be an issue."

Yea, she was referring to Jennie and Kai.

"Oh," Irene widened her eyes, "right, I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "Don't be. I'm over it." I lied.

Soojoo nudged me and raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Fine, closure would be nice." I whispered in her ear.

"Well, um," Irene shifted from foot to foot, "last minute change of plans, see… Bogum's sister was supposed to be here to help me out with the food line up for our family dinner tomorrow night. But since she's stuck in Daegu until tomorrow morning, I kinda, sorta, just a little bit… invitedJennieovertohelpus."

I think my head spun in circles. Or was that the room?

"What?" I whispered, panic evident in my voice. I felt Soojoo's arms wrap around me. "D-does she at least know I'm… you know, here?"

"Well," Irene let the word roll off her tongue, "um, not exactly?"

"IRENE!" I panicked and shook my head. "I can't… I…"

The doorbell rang and then the door opened. My heart skipped. I was starting to perspire. I heard that laugh.

"Hey sis!" I heard her yell from the foyer and I glanced at Soojoo before looking around to see if there were any other exits for me to run too.

"In here!" Irene yelled as she whispered 'I'm sorry' to me. I narrowed my eyes at her and Soojoo squeezed me.

"You have me here babe," she whispered in my ear, "no worries, okay?"

Oddly enough, that made me feel better. She made me feel better.

"Irene, you could at least help us wi-" The words stopped at the tip of her tongue when I turned around to face her for the first time in over five years.

Dark met brown and the air crackled with great tension.

The room grew silent. I felt Soojoo's grip on me tighten in a comforting way and I blinked before my gaze drifted to the man standing beside her.

"Jisoo?" Jennie stepped forward and I stood still, my body frozen in place.

"Yea, Jisoo made it!" Irene spoke loudly, patting my back. "Yay Jisoo! Watching me get all married and shit-"

"You knew she was going to be here?" Jennie's eyes looked at her sister and then back at me.

"Well, yea," Irene shrugged, "I was just about to ask her if she'd be a bridesmaid."

"Huh?" I spun around and looked at her. "You said nothing about me being a bridesmaid!"

Irene put on her famous pout. "I know because how stupid would that have been in an invite? I didn't have your number anymore and well, I wanted to ask you in person," she smiled innocently, "so will ya?"

Jennie stepped closer so she was now standing right beside me, glaring at her sister. "I wouldn't have brought him if I knew she was going to be here." She hissed and was talking as if I wasn't even there.

Him being Kai.

"Well I only invited you anyway." Jennie frowned and I shook my head. Shock was finally wearing itself away from my panicked body and I turned to look at Soojoo. I smiled and she smiled back. "Oh, um, this is Soojoo." Irene pointed out.

Jennie slowly looked Soojoo up and down, her eyes stopped at the fact that we were holding hands. "Jennie," she replied, taking my girlfriend's hand in her own.

"Nice to meet you," Soojoo smiled sincerely and Jennie seemed to have returned the gesture. "You must be Kai?" We both glanced at the guy holding more than a few bags of groceries.

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip as Jennie raised an eyebrow. "You know about us?" She asked, curiously.

Soojoo nodded. "Yea, you're the one that shattered Jisoo's heart."

Irene's eyes widened and slapped her hands together, laughing nervously. "The chicken is done defrosting so uh, Jen, did you bring the pasta?"

"Yea," Jennie wiped her hands on her jeans and walked passed me. I could smell her scent, it hadn't changed at all. Her hair was much darker, just the one tone of dark chestnut brown and longer then I've ever seen it. Still wavy with curls. I used to love tangling my fingers in those curls – especially when she'd kiss me so passionately.

"I'm just gonna go ahead and drop this off," Kai said quickly, "I think I'd have more fun hanging out with the guys."

"As always." I heard Jennie mutter. Kai shook his head and gave her a look before dropping the bags of groceries on the counter.

"Babe," Soojoo spun me around and smiled softly, "you should talk to her."

"Now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, sooner the better, right? We can leave all of this behind us and make Irene's wedding as comfortable as possible for her – seeing as now you're her bridesmaid." She smiled and tucked some long dark hair behind her ears. She was so unbelievably breathtaking in more ways than one.

Yet my heart was still tugging on memories of me and Jennie.