Chapter 12

JISOO

I rushed out of the hall as fast as I could. Away from Jennie; away from everything she was making me feel. They way her hand felt on the back of my neck, only she knew how to calm me by playing with the fine hairs. Only she knew that it was the most calming feeling in the world.

I was starting to fall over the edge that I so desperately grasped onto. Jennie was my waterfall and I did not want to fall again. I didn't want to hit that bottom and feel this pain again. But I was so close to losing grip with every second I was around her.

"Babe?" Soojoo came chasing after me and I leaned over, trying to catch my breath. "Hey Jisoo, are you okay?"

I shook my head and tried to stop the tears that were spilling out. "I'm so sorry," I finally stood up and wrapped my arms around Soojoo, holding onto her with every ounce of strength I had left in me. "This is not fair to you," I sobbed into her neck, "you deserve-"

"Don't." Soojoo pushed me back and held onto my shoulders, staring at me with those grey eyes that were full of love and understanding. "I deserve you," she whispered, "I deserve to be the one to hold you when you cry, to love you with everything I am. You may not feel the exact same," she sighed and bit her lip, "but I know you love me."

"It's just she makes me feel like I did when I was with her." I cried softly. "Soojoo, why can't I get over her?"

"I don't know, Jis." She shrugged and pulled me back in for another hug. "You're still in love with her, at least a part of you is." She soothed and ran her fingers through my hair while she hugged me.

"How are putting up with this?" I asked quietly.

"Patience." Soojoo smiled and pulled back, cupping my face. "I love you and I want to be with you. After seeing how you two are together, when you're around each other, I know it's very clear that you're not over her," she smiled sadly, "but with a body like hers, how can I be upset?"

"Soojoo!" I smacked her arm and she laughed, entwining our fingers together.

"Seriously Jisoo," her voice went serious, "what do you want?"

I raised my eyebrow at her and then frowned. "What do I want?"

"Yea," Soojoo smiled softly and tapped lightly on my chest, "you. What do you want?"

"I want," I stopped for a moment, knowing that the hesitation would give her an inner body heart attack but I was tired of fighting. I knew what I wanted. I wanted to let go. I wanted a fresh start. I wanted to give my whole heart to Soojoo, "you." I whispered.

Soojoo's face flashed from being worried to relief. "Really?" She was asking me because I knew she needed to hear it again. I wasn't exactly showing her lately. I was too involved with Jennie, which happened when I was around her.

"Yea," I murmured and wiped my eyes before cupping her face, "let's go home. Let's just, leave."

"Yea?" Soojoo's smile was wider now and I nodded but not smiling as wide as I knew she'd like me too. "Okay, let's go say goodbye to everyone."

"I need to talk with Jennie first." I said, praying that she wouldn't flash me a disappointed look. She didn't, she smiled and nodded her head, bringing her lips to mine sweetly.