Chapter 26

SOOJOO

"I'm leaving." She paced in front of my hotel door and chewed on her nails. "I need to just, leave."

"Irene," I frowned and stepped closer but she backed away. "Oookay," I breathed and stepped back.

"You should come with a warning label!" Irene finally stopped her pacing and looked right at me with her soulful brown eyes. "God, you're like this walking Goddess and I still can't believe Jisoo's letting you go and don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Jennie's happy but…" she grabbed her hair and slowly exhaled, "you just need a warning label. 'Warning, I'm easy to fall in love with.'"

I gasped and she swore.

"Fuck, I wasn't supposed to say that." Irene groaned and leaned against the wall, her head held in her hands.

This incredibly beautiful woman and gentle soul just told me she was in love with me. She told me and she wasn't running. I watched as she pushed herself away from the wall and walked towards me. "Tell me I'm crazy," she whispered in a shaky voice, "tell me that I'm not falling for you. Tell me I'm married and I'm in love with the guy I tied the knot to a few months back."

I tried to speak but I couldn't. She looked so delicate and I feared that any sound I would produce would break her and send her fleeing.

"Tell me," she whispered lower and I jumped slightly as her hands cupped my hips, "that maybe in a small way, you think of me too."

I closed my eyes as her nose dragged lightly across the skin of my neck, her hands tightening my shirt harder into her grasp. "Irene," I whispered hoarsely, cupping her face, trying to draw her eyes up to mine.

"You're so beautiful, Soojoo." Irene whispered, her eyes never leaving mine while her hands trailed up my back and into my hair, clutching the back of my head and pulling me against her lips in the softest yet hungriest kiss I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

I instinctively wrapped my own hands in her hair, enjoying the softness of her lips. It wasn't until I registered her words that I pulled back and noticed at how flushed she was, her heavy breathing, her scared look, her beautiful presence. "You're married." I whispered and moved my hands from her hair to her shoulders.

"I know." She croaked out and bit her lip. "But I … I can't help this," she hushed and pressed her forehead against mine, "I've never felt this before and as much as it scares me, it just feels so right."

I closed my eyes and shook my head, cupping her face. "Irene, you're married. You leave the day after tomorrow back to Seoul to be with your husband. You'll forget about me."

Irene frowned and pulled out of the embrace. "I will not forget about you."

"But you're still going to leave." I pushed and sighed, my heart actually felt like it was breaking. Truth was, I believed her. I believed that she felt things for me and I had to admit there was a connection there. But I wasn't going to go about things that way, with the lying and cheating. It wasn't how I rolled, no matter how good they felt.

"Soojoo," she pleaded in the tiniest voice, "please just tell me you feel nothing for me. At all."

"I can't." I hung my head and tried to control my breathing, trying not to cry. "You found a way inside of me Irene, I'm not going to deny that."

"Then why?" She cupped my face again, her delicate thumbs running down my cheek.

"You're married and I'm healing." I said and grabbed her hands from my face, squeezing gently.

"Right." Irene sounded defeated and grabbed her purse. "I feel like one giant ass." She shrugged and didn't even try to hide the tears that started to spill from her eyes.