Chapter 30

SOOJOO

Irene had her legs spread out on the floor with her back against the couch, flipping through one of Jisoo's magazines that was on the coffee table. "Now that is a pretty dress," she pointed to a black strapless one that hung off of Song Hye Kyo's body.

"Pretty woman too." I smiled and slid down next to her, handing her a beer. I was relieved to find out she drank beer instead of coolers. I didn't have anything other than cold beer and the night was hot.

"Meh," Irene shrugged, "I think she's a little overrated now," she tapped her finger over a picture of Jun Ji Hyun, "her I can definitely do."

"Me too." I chuckled and she laughed with me before closing the magazine and shifting to look at me.

"About last night," she sighed and licked her lips, "I shouldn't have kissed you."

"I'm glad you did." I whispered and shrugged a little. "I just wish it were a different situation."

"Me too." Irene blew some hair out of her eyes. "I was going to fly back to Seoul but I couldn't. I guess the thought of leaving things unresolved hurt more than what I did to Bogum."

"You don't have to explain," I said softly, grabbing her hand in my own.

"I do Soojoo," she looked at me with those brown eyes that melted me, "you've been through so much with Jisoo and everything that has happened between you two. I should've just kept my lips to myself. I don't want to hurt you anymore than you already do."

I smiled sincerely and moved my fingers up her arm before they traced her cheek. "You're not hurting me. What hurts is the fact that you're not the only one falling here and there's nothing I can do about it."

Irene swallowed and blinked. "I… God, ever since I met you before my wedding, I couldn't get you out of my head. I kept wondering if marrying Bogum was the right thing but I've been with him for years and he's my best friend and I just felt-"

"-safe?" I quirked a grin and she nodded. "What is it with you and Jennie wanting to feel 'safe'? Take a risk once in a while." I teased while nudging her in the stomach.

"Well you weren't exactly 'free' when we met." Irene shot back and shrugged, taking a sip of her beer.

"True." I smiled slightly and patted her leg. "So, um, I was thinking of going back to Busan for a bit. I haven't been there since my brother passed away in a surfing accident. I'd like to kind of 'visit' him and 'ask' for advice."

"What? When?" Irene frowned.

"When you go back to Seoul." I looked up at one of my paintings above the mantel. "I think it'd be best."

And it would be best. For me. For her. We needed to sort whatever was slowly brewing between us, out.

I wanted to be sure of everything before I jump into anything with anyone.

Irene had been the biggest part of my healing process but there was no more she could do. I was falling in love with her and I knew I needed to find some peace before I took any part in another relationship.

But there she was, in front of me, looking so sad and confused. I knew I probably matched her expressions. I was going to miss her.

She had to decide what she wanted. If she wanted to live and be happy with Bogum, that was up to her. I couldn't be near her to interfere with her decisions. As long as Irene was happy, I was happy. As long as Jisoo was happy, I was happy.

I wasn't out to hurt anyone.

"Can I kiss you?" Irene was all of a sudden close to me once again and I closed my eyes. I was losing the battle within myself. I heard her place the beer bottle next to her on the floor before hands cupped my face.

"Irene," I sighed her name and she pressed her lips against mine.

For a few seconds.

"One more time," she whispered hotly against my lips before I felt her soft lips press against mine more firmly that time. I parted my lips and allowed her to kiss me with as much as passion as she wanted too.

As we needed too.

And it was passionate. Her leg swung around my hips and she was straddling me. I moaned softly at the feel of her perfect soft skin beneath my fingertips as they caressed her lower back. Her tongue licked my bottom lip before I felt it slide deliciously against my own once again.

The whimper I drew from her perfect lips was breathtaking when I nuzzled her neck with kisses. I slowly moved back up to her mouth, wrapping my hands around her back, pulling her closer to me. Irene's hands went from my hair and to my shoulders, before I felt them go down my chest, to the sides of my breasts and back up. It felt amazing.

She felt amazing.

Despite how heated the longest make-out session of my life was; we never slept together. In fact, after the long make-out session, Irene suggested that she leave before things got too out of hand.

"Will you come to the airport tomorrow?" She smiled, leaning against the doorframe, her sandals tucked under her arm.

"I'm not going to say goodbye," I said in a serious tone.

"No, I don't want to hear goodbye. I just want to see you again before we leave." Irene blushed.

I nodded and pressed my forehead against hers. "Irene, I'll be there. For you, I'll be there."

"We're going to be okay, right?" She asked a bit sadly.

The ball was in her court.

"I just want you happy." And those were the only reassuring words I could give her.

She nodded and slipped out into the hallway. "Night Soojoo."

"Night." I smiled and she was gone.

I closed the door and leaned against it. I let out a bigger smile.

Things were going to be okay.

I knew it.

I felt it.

I was going to be okay.

/

Note: I know Soojoo-Irene ship seems like a weird pair for everyone and I know some of you will say that I should've put Seulgi instead of SJ but I honestly think that Soojoo will fit the character more than anyone else. If I put Seulgi here then yall will already have a clue from the start what might be the end game and I don't want that to happen. ;)