Chapter 10

JISOO

Bogum and Irene's home was packed full of friends and family members. We weren't allowed to change until later before the reception and I was feeling uncomfortable in the dress.

"Pictures need to be taken yet." Soojoo leaned back against the counter of the less crowded room. She poked me in the stomach while I fidgeted with the straps and grinned. "You looked really good up there today."

"Yea?" I grinned goofily with my eyebrows raised. "I was nothing compared to Irene though."

Soojoo nodded, "true."

"Hey!" I snickered and she pulled me in for a kiss, my hands splayed against her shoulders.

"Um," we both turned to find Jennie standing there, holding up a digital camera, "Irene's gathering everyone from the party for pictures in the back yard."

"Oh." I eased myself out of my girlfriend's arm and squeezed her hand. "I'll be back."

Soojoo nodded and I could feel her eyes on me as I walked out the back door behind Jennie.

"I thought Bogum hired a professional photographer?" I asked when I noticed Jennie was setting up her own tri-pod.

"He did," she shrugged and turned to look back at me, "but I've got sister privileges," she winked and went back to setting up the timer.

The whole wedding party found themselves under the huge willow tree in the back of the yard, taking endless and countless pictures. Then it was the bride with her side of the party, moving on to the men.

Just when I thought that hour was up and I could run and grab my own pair of clothes, Irene pulled me aside and looked back to see if someone was coming. I was guessing Jennie by the way she started to whisper in a lowered voice, "Would you mind if I get one more picture?"

I laughed. "It's your wedding and your pictures," I shrugged, "of course I don't mind."

"Really?" Her eyes widened with a huge grin spreading across her face. She had that twinkle in her eye and I started to regret my agreement.

"I'm not really going to streak you know," I said seriously and she burst into laughter. In high school I told her if she got married before me, I promised to streak through it but we both knew I wasn't serious.

"However hot that would actually be, I wasn't thinking about that." Irene grabbed my hand and I noticed Soojoo standing with some other people, talking and laughing. Her glances over at me were subtle but I knew. I smiled and she gave me a flirty wave.

As we passed the patio, Irene grabbed Jennie from Bogum's brother and shoved us against the tree. "Perfect." She nodded and yelled at the photographer that we were ready.

Jennie and I shared quizzical looks but before we could say anything, Irene had us standing towards each other, holding hands and looking towards the camera. "You two are my best girls, my best friends and it meant a lot to me that you both set aside all of your differences and pain to make this day perfect for me," she kissed us each on the cheek, "I want to remember this moment for the rest of my life so please just take the damn picture?"

I was the first to crack a grin, followed by Jennie, who squeezed my hands in hers. "Anything for you big sis," she nodded and Irene clapped her hands, squealing.

Jennie and I looked at each other for a small moment before we turned to look into the camera. We smiled because we were proud of Irene, we smiled because the moment was to be cherished and locked away in another memory book of me and Jennie.