Chapter 29

JENNIE

Seven hours. Seven hours have gone by and I have yet to see Jisoo. I had spent some time with Irene, calming her down and then helped her dial the number to Soojoo's cell phone. The two had just left to go to dinner to talk things over and Jisoo was on her way to pick me up so we could drive an hour out to her parents place.

I met her in the hotel lobby and she stood there with a strapless black dress on, a rose between her fingers. I looked down at what I was wearing, denim jeans and a black tank top. "You look absolutely gorgeous." I whispered and then looked back down at my own clothes again. "I'm so underdressed; I should go back up and change."

"No," Jisoo laced her fingers with mine and smiled, "you look perfect." She kissed me softly and handed me the rose.

"Thank you." I blushed a little and she shrugged with a half smirk.

"So are you nervous?"

"Slightly." I frowned and point an accused finger at her. "You totally had your way with me in order to get me to agree to come with you tonight."

Jisoo feigned ignorance. "How did I do that?"

"You know how." I laughed and it felt good to lace my fingers with her without her pulling away. "So your family is expecting me, right?"

Silence made me raise my eyebrow. "What?" She looked at me and bit her lip. "Okay okay, no," she sighed, "I didn't tell them you were joining me tonight."

I stopped walking and she turned around, giving me an adorable confused look. "You cannot expect me to go to your parents place when they're not even expecting me!"

"Yea?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "You know you're just putting on a show to make yourself feel better," she smirked, "you're coming with me."

"No." I crossed my arms over my chest and gave her a pout. "Jisoo, they're going to flip!"

"Jennie, we're adults." Jisoo sighed and moved closer to me, wrapped an arm around my waist while guiding me towards her car. "If it sucks, we'll leave."

"It sucks." I deadpanned and she chuckled.

"You were never this stubborn in high school." She laughed and opened the door for me. I just stood there looking at her. "Go on," she pushed, "get in."

"You owe me for this." I hissed playfully as she got in the other side, starting up the vehicle.

"You broke my heart." Jisoo shrugged and sped out of the lot while I stared at her dumbfounded.

"Are you going to use that 'I broke your heart' card all the time?" I gasped.

"If I need too." Jisoo shrugged and looked at me from the corner of her eye. "Is it working?"

I smiled and bit my lip. "Yeah, it's working."

"Good." Jisoo smiled and shifted gear before speeding down the road. "You look really good tonight."

"Not as good as you," I looked at her and smiled, "but thank you."

An hour went by quickly and before I knew it, we were at the Kim's new residence. Her parents sold their old house and moved because of Dara's transfer to a different hospital.

"So, I've got a plan," I glanced up at the small white house with a picket fence wrapped around it, "why don't you go in, say hi and then come back?"

"Broken heart…" Jisoo sang and cut the engine, taking her hand into my own. "Jennie," she whispered, "why are you so nervous? It's not like you're meeting them for the first time or that they don't know I'm gay."