Chapter 18

SOOJOO

I was just another tourist in Jeju, checking out my surroundings with the beach shops and the women, of course. I had time to kill before my appointment with the bank. Okay, so I wasn't just another tourist, I had my reasons to be there. I had found an abandoned old store on the beach front and opted to open up my own surf shop. My parents didn't think I could do such a thing at a young age, but I was there to prove them wrong. Having parents that belittled everything you tried to achieve could get a little annoying.

"Quite the ugly shop, huh?" I turned around to find one gorgeous raven standing beside me, studying the boarded up small shack.

"Oh, yea," I cleared my throat and she smiled at me.

"I've been wondering when they were going to tear that thing down." She shrugged and went back to sipping on her slushy.

Her long black hair was flowing freely in the light breeze and she was donned in a light blue two piece bathing suit with a towel wrapped around her hips. She was really out of this world, gorgeous.

And she was talking to me.

"-water yet?"

Oh shit, she was talking to me and I totally zoned. I laughed nervously and scratched the back of my neck. "I'm sorry, what?"

The mysterious raven smiled and shook her head. "I was just asking you if you had been in the water yet, it's nice."

I looked back at the ocean and smiled. "Oh I was in this morning, surfing."

"You surf?" Her dark eyes widened, her teeth pinching the straw lightly between the pearly whites.

I nodded confidently and pointed towards the boarded up shack. "If all goes well, I'm going to be opening that into my own surf shop."

"Cool." She smiled and then held out her hand. "I'm sorry, I totally just started talking without introducing myself, I'm Jisoo."

"Well Jisoo," I grinned and squeezed her hand softly, "you can start talking to me anytime." Her cheeks flushed a little bit as she ducked her head and grinned. "I'm Soojoo."

"So, how long have you been surfing for?"

"I grew up in Daegu actually. My older brother started first and I would go out and watch him. He let me try it when I was eight and it became addictive."

"Daegu?" Jisoo sounded intrigued and I nodded.

I smiled at her and shrugged. "Yeah but we moved to Busan about three years ago. I come here every chance I get because it's a hot spot for surfing."

"Why not move back to Daegu?" She teased me and even though the move was only because of a tragic accident, I couldn't help but smile and chuckle a little. She was just too cute.

I looked at my watch and realized I had an hour left until I had to be at my meeting.

"So um," she dug her sandaled toe into the sand and flashed me a smile, "I was just heading to the café on the boardwalk for a quick lunch," she bit her lip and shrugged, "would you like to join me?"

Okay.

So this totally hot raven talked to me first, blushed at my flirting and was now asking me to eat with her – my gaydar was blaring signals and I was more than happy to accept her invitation.

"Come on Jis!" I laughed as she came up for air after falling off of the board for the hundredth time that afternoon. I didn't mind though, she was smiling and that was all that mattered.