Chapter 1

A girl with a hoodie sat on the edge of a mountain, her eyes closed listening to the rhythm of the wind as it blew from afar. She felt the gentle touch on every part of her barely exposed skin, immersing her even more in her thoughts. She had been through a lot lately with the events that had been occurring mixed with her bad temper making it all even worse for her to handle. She had tried numerous things to solve her problems or so she thought. Because, was not she just trying to escape the misery she felt about herself? Not to mention, the depression only got worse. And now she was on the brink of something unknown. Either she was going to recover or she was going to collapse. But yet the worse to come, she did not care. She felt like the missing piece of what life had brought to earth, the moment it took him away from her. So why bother, right?

She opened her eyes, unbothered, to the buzzing of her phone.

"Blaze," a woman's voice said from the other line of the phone.

"Hera," Blaze replied, uninterested.

"Why is that Zeke called me and told me we are working together?"

"Do I sound like I have any idea?" Blaze once again replied.

"No but you sound like none of this is a big deal. Like we don't hate each other or something. Do you not realize that there is no way and I mean..NO WAY this is going to work out?" Hera stated clearly irritated.

"Do you not realize I have no power in this?"

"Of course you don't. But you are closer to him than any of us."

"I am not," Blaze sounded bored.

"So what is your plan?" Hera asked.

"Plan for what?"

"For this. Me and you. Teaming up or something. You know this missions requires high amount of team work and shit. And both of us together, that's not going to happen. Ever," Hera stated.

"Yeah yeah. It's not but I am not going to ruin my life because of you. Team or not, I am passing this stage. I don't give a fuck," Blaze answered.

"So you're just okay with it?"

"You seem to misunderstand things, but I'm not surprised. So predictable,"

"Oh bitch don't even get me started," Hera said.

"I won't. That's why I'm hanging up. Goodbye Hera," with that she hung up.

Her phone buzzed again. she picked it up.

"Found your mom. She's in New York. I'll send you the address," a man's voice said.

"Perfect," Blaze replied a satisfied look.

"And a little thank you would suffice," he teased.

"You know I don't fuck with thankyous,"

"Of course I do. The more reason I want to hear you say it," he insisted.

"Goodbye Taylor,"

Blaze sat there for a while to take a moment to visit a yet another unpleasant event among her almost uncountable amounts of unpleasant events in the past.

She had thought she had found the killer until.....

Three weeks early

She stormed in the building anger infusing in every part of her body. Her hands felt like bursting from the way she was clenching them into fists. Her feet hurt from the powerful treads she made. She could not control it. It was controlling her.

In the elevator, she stood impatiently until it reached the floor she wanted. She then immediately headed straight to an office and without a knock or any kind of warning, she burst the door open with a sudden spasm, revealing a broad man in his fifties, sitting on a huge fancy chair working on his laptop, in his fancy office.

Fancy. She mentally laughed.

"Fancy," She commented out loud, her gaze wandering around, "Life can be unfair. Life oh life,"

"Blaze," he said not seeming the bit affected.

"Ezekiel," she said back.

"What brings you here?" he asked shutting his laptop.

Without a word she approached him and rested her hands on his table, staring down at him, her shoulder slightly bent forward.

"I know your petty ass is involved in his murder," she let out with a greeted teeth.

"Watch your mouth," he warned his sharp hazel eyes glaring at her.

"Or what?" she pulled a gun out pointing it straight to his face. His brain to be specific.

"You know I was not the only one who wanted your dad dead. He was not the best when it came to manners or..business for that matter,"

"Manners? You out of all people shouldn't be talking about fucking manners," she screamed.

"He knew he was going to die anyway when he got involved,"

"See that is what you don't have. Courage. He stood for what he believed. You chose to hide but he didn't,"

"So what are you going to do now that you found me? Shoot me?"

"Exactly," she replied.

"You know you won't,"

"Don't be so sure. I'm more than happy to kill the killer of my father,"

"Shoot then," he challenged.

Without hesitation, she shot him in the center of the head.

"Ask you shall receive," with that she walked out like nothing happened.

present

She opened her eyes. The wind had become strong. Just like her determination. She was going to kill the killer and whoever was involved in the killing. She stood and headed to her bike. Climbing on it, she put her helmet on.

Mom, you are next. She thought and drove the highway with nothing but a fierce determination.