"I'd be impressed if it weren't so vile."

The taste was like warm nectar, it lingered on her tongue for hours after she'd last tasted it and the essence of the taste kept her alive, it kept her alert...it kept her wanting more. She lived for the next taste, her mind constantly stuck on the need for more, for sweeter...for life.

She can't recall a time when the very existence of the taste hadn't been on her mind. She can't recall a time before the hunger and she knew there would never be a time after it. It was perpetual, she was cursed to always long it and she lathered in the knowledge. She lived for the craving; the hunt and the end. It kept her senses heightened, it was exhilarating and she never wished it away. She wanted it as ever-present as she was.

Lauren tossed the girl's body to the side, wiping the trickle of blood that stained her chin with her thumb and sucking the sweetness off. She looked to the limp body laying on the sofa and she knew she'd have to coerce the mind of the cleaner to think nothing of the blood. She'd perfected the kill by now, she'd become somewhat of a master at what her kind so often struggled with. It was because unlike others, she indulged in what she was, she did not resent it. She did not wish it away. She wanted the life she lived and she could not present herself with an alternative, nor did she want to.

Her cousin was different, she hated what she'd become, she hated the lust for life and the hunt. She hated the casual way Lauren would discard her victims, she had made it somewhat her job to dispose of the bodies in a way she considered respectful. It was so expected of Lucy to almost always clean up Lauren's messes despite the green-eyed girl's protests.

Where Lucy played it safe, Lauren lived for the danger.

That was why Lucy was perched on a seat across from the sofa with the dead body, sipping on a blood bag instead of joining Lauren in her feast. Lauren could see the disgust playing on her cousin's eyes and she couldn't help but smirk, it was so expected of Lucy to be the...honourable one.

"You said you wanted a sip." The brunette reminded her green-eyed relative.

"Precisely," Lauren eyed the dead girl before tossing her feet to the ground and joining her on the sofa. "I simply took her as my sip and refrained from feasting on the rest of her group of friends. I believe I was fair."

Lucy released a scoff before eyeing the room they'd found themselves in. It wasn't uncommon for Lauren to enjoy the luxuries of life, so expensive hotels had become a norm to them, despite the fact that Lucy would rather stay under the radar.

"I find it incredible that after two centuries you can still find pleasures in the brutish way you kill."

"That is because I experience it as a new every single time." Lauren explained, tipping her head back as she admired the detailed painting on the ceiling.

By now Lucy had found that arguing with any logic Lauren had decided to be true was pointless. So she was easy to concede.

"Tell me we won't simply be basking in the remnants of your kill for the rest of the night." The older of the pair sighed.

"I wouldn't burden you with that displeasure," Lauren chuckled lightly, standing from her seat before offering her hand to her cousin. "Shall we?"

"And where will you be taking me for the night? We've already scoured most of the night scene of the city."

"I'm sure there's a underground bar we've yet to taint." Lauren sauntered over to their balcony, her eyes scanning the city around them, understanding why it was called the city that never slept. Because for all the times she'd entered, never once has it quieted.

She spun around and cast a smirk towards her cousin before leaning back and allowing her body to free-fall from the height that would surely kill any mere mortal. But that was the beauty of what Lauren was...she could not die.