"I have never tasted anything sweeter."

Lucy was nothing if not notoriously persistent and Lauren had decided that she'd had about enough of her cousin's constant whining about the brunette at the speakeasy. Lucy was adamant that something about the girl had sparked a protective nature in Lauren and that small spark could lead to the green-eyed girl's moral redemption.

Lucy failed, however, to take into account Lauren's lack of need to be morally validated by anyone. In fact, Lauren rather preferred to leave morals so far in her past that she needn't so much as think of them.

And that was why the green-eyed girl found herself back at the speakeasy three nights later and it was also why she would not let the brunette slip through her fingers. She would not be distracted by a man deluded into thinking he could take what he pleases, no, this time Lauren would stick by her chosen prey. And that night, her chosen prey was stationed behind the bar, mixing up a cocktail of sorts with a crowd of onlookers watching.

The girl could put on a show through her mixing of liquors and Lauren, for a brief moment, took an interest in how fluidly the girl glided around the bar. The moment was fleeting, however, and soon Lauren found herself ushering the young bartender over.

"I'll take an Old-Fashioned, my dear," Lauren's voice was smooth and controlled, it spoke above the music and yet...it was not raised in volume. "With your smoothest bourbon."

"Unfortunately at this bar, you don't get smooth and cheap." The brunette lifted her head to meet her patron and, again, her eyes widened upon meeting Lauren's strikingly green eyes. "You."

"Me." The immortal smirked. "And I assure you that the price of a good drink shall not deter me."

The brunette all but stopped everything she was doing, her sole focus on the eerily pale girl before her. On any other person, she'd have deemed them to be ill, but the porcelain complexion of the girl before her screamed of perfect health. Her eyes were alive, her skin flawless and her lips as red as the blood that coursed through her veins.

The bartender was struck because she was certain she'd never come across someone quite as striking as the girl before her.

"That man-" She spoke, her voice uncertain and shaky. "They found him-I saw on the news-he-"

"Yes," Lauren's lips stretched into an amused smile. "He certainly did leave quite a mess in his wake, didn't he?"

"He's dead," The brunette frowned, not quite comprehending the humour the other girl found about that information.

"And the world has lost another misogynistic business man, forgive me for my lack of sympathies." Lauren saw the disturbance her words caused the younger girl, the discomfort she felt in the presence of someone so dismissive about death. "Tell me, what is your name?"

"I'll get that drink for you." The girl blatantly ignored the question directed at her.

"I said," Lauren caught the girl's attention, locking their eyes and feeling the coercion leave her and settle on the unbeknownst bartender. "What is your name?"

"Karla Camila Cabello, but I prefer Camila." The brunette's monotonous reply settled on Lauren's ears and she smirked as she broke eye contact from the girl.

"Much better," She leaned against the bar, settling her chin on her palm. "Now know, Camila, I do not like asking questions twice."

Confusion swirled around the girl's warm brown eyes before she offered Lauren a slight nod before setting off to get the older girl her drink. As expected, it didn't take very long and Camila was quick to put the drink down in front of her patron, grab her payment and carry on with her job. She'd decided that the green-eyed girl stirred too many unsettling feelings in her, all of them ranging from ice-cold to...a striking fear.