"Recall your happiest memory you've shared with Camila."

Time seemed to be her enemy as of late. It ticked by faster than she could blink and it broke her heart all the same. Camila had decided that time was her enemy, she feared its speed and...she feared its endlessness. Because she had come to the conclusion that she and time would probably be travelling together for a very long while.

And Camila never thought much of time, she never thought of her own end; merely the in between. The time between her beginning and her end but now she seemed solely focused on her end for she could not guarantee she would ever meet one. And she never knew how comforting the thought of a life well lived would be but when faced with immortality as her saving grace...she wished for nothing more. She wished for the sweet relief of an end once she'd lived her long, human life, though she feared that there a certainty in her immortality now.

So time was her enemy. Especially in that moment; especially as she stood outside of Dinah's apartment with her two new vampire companions flanking her.

This was the goodbye she'd wished to avoid the most, because Shawn's presence in her life seemed brief when compared to Dinah's. Her mother's was shadowed by the memories she shared with her best friend for so much longer. It was with Dinah that she'd celebrated a birthday for the first time, it was Dinah who knew of her very first crush. When she ran away from her fifth foster home, it was Dinah who snuck her into the house and hid her in her room for the better part of three days.

And now she had to bid that very person; the person with whom she swore she would never part...goodbye.

"You need not enter if it would pain you too much," Lauren sighed, her eyes conveying the frustration she felt at being in the hallway. Camila was sure there was probably a million different places the green-eyed girl would rather be, spending her waking hours with Camila was certainly not one of them. "I can be brief, I-"

"I need to say goodbye," Camila shook her head slowly, her fists knocking on the door before she could stop herself. "If not for her, then for me."

Dinah's heavy footsteps could be heard from inside the apartment and when she opened the door in only her night gown and fluffy slippers, Camila knew she'd disturbed her best friend's nightly routine before bed.

"Mila," Dinah frowned, her eyes noticing the two girls to each of Camila's sides. "It's late, you okay?"

"Yeah," The brunette smiled. "I just...needed to talk to you."

"You need two bodyguards to come and talk to me?" The blonde damn near sneered at the dark look emanating from Lauren's gaze. "Both of which I could take, by the way."

"They're...friends." Camila looked to the two creatures behind her before guiding them into the small apartment.

"Never met these friends," Dinah scoffed before offering her hand to both girls with her best friend. "I'm Dinah, I'm sure you've heard a lot about me."

"Lucy," The older of the pair shook the offered hand. "It's a pleasure."

Lauren, however, eyed the hand as if it were covered in dirt and simply rolled her eyes before walking towards the small dining room table and taking a seat, arching a brow at Camila as if to ask when they'd proceed with the plans. Because the sooner Dinah's mind was wiped of Camila's existence, the sooner Lauren could drink her fill of the next human to offer her so much as a hint of a smile.

"So what's up, Walz?" Dinah sat down on one of the dining chairs as well, her eyes briefly glancing at Lauren with distrust but watching as Camila sat beside the green-eyed girl with ease. As if Lauren didn't scream darkness and anger.

"I just wanted to see you, I guess." Camila smiled, her eyes raking over every aspect of her best friend, memorising the smallest of dimples or the tiniest fleck of gold shimmering in her eyes. Dinah was beautiful and she was loyal and she held her heart on her sleeve always...and she'd been the sole person Camila could always count on for as long as she could remember.