"We cannot enter blessed ground."

Under the light of the moon, her skin glowed. A flawless, sleek white that drew eyes her way, that spoke volumes about heart that no longer beat within her chest. It was why she could hunt with ease.

She could never tire.

She was always alert.

And her very presence drew in her prey, her aura was as alluring as her appearance and so her hunt was done with ease.

And something about that did not sit well with Lauren, for never has the hunt not sent a thrill of excitement through her...until that very night. It was as if she were racing to feed only for it to end; her hunger sated but...she had a new urge. A new...craving.

So there she stood, her eyes peering in through the window as she watched her cousin perched beside Camila, the younger of the pair sipping from a glass and offering Lucy a half smile. Lauren knew not what her cousin spoke to the other girl, but it was enough to elicit a smile from Camila despite the irreparable damage the night had done to her heart.

Lauren watched as Camila offered her cousin a drink but Lucy was quick to decline. Lauren smirked, shaking her head at the predictability that was Lucia, always so...paranoid about losing control. If it were Lauren, she'd take ever drink offered and later allow herself to indulge in the sweet blood coursing through Camila's veins. If the girl could not die, then Lauren deemed her free game.

"She certainly is a prize." The voice came from right beside her, it was smooth and collected. It held malice...it was the voice of her kind. "Normani did not disappoint."

As if hearing the voice as well, Lucy's head shot around and locked eyes with Lauren, urging Camila to do the same.

"You are not to lay a finger on her." Lauren crossed her arms, meeting Camila's eyes as she spoke.

"Lauren Jauregui," The stranger chuckled softly. "It seems the tales told about you are misleading."

"Oh, I'm certain they are not." And with a final smirk towards the puzzled brunette, Lauren took hold of the man's shirt and leapt onto the roof of the very building Camila resided in.

She made a point to throw the foreign vampire against the concrete with as much strength as she could must, chips of rock spraying as his body landed.

She felt her fangs tear through her gums and her eyes turning red as her senses perked up, taking in every noise. Because this man had a clan and she was sure they would not send him alone.

"My dear," She was finally able to take him in as he stood, a wide smile playing on his lips as he brushed down his well-tailored suit. "I'll have you know, I have centuries on you. It would bode well for you to not stand in my way. I am here for the girl."

"I'm afraid you will be disappointed, sir," Lauren smirked. "For you see, she does not seek a suitor," She looked him up and down, taking in his dark hair and tall stature. "And even if she were, she is spoken for."

"By you, I am to presume?"

"Oh no," The younger vampire waved off the suggestion. "But I believe my cousin has certainly taken an interest and I do so love to see her happiness." And with that, Lauren proceeded to take matters into her own hands, dashing towards the man and burying her hand within his chest cavity, clutching his cold heart in her hand only to feel his hand wrap around her neck before her back was slammed into a wall with enough strength to leave her dazed for a moment, her hand relinquishing its hold.

The stranger did not hesitate to bury his own hand in her chest and Lauren groan as she felt his hand grasp the lifeless organ within her chest, a heart that no longer worked but a heart that kept her living on this earth nonetheless.