"Bring her back."

"You know," Camila rolled over with a playful smile settled on her lips, her eyes dancing with mischief and Lauren couldn't fight the smirk that touched her own lips. "I thought it'd be Lucy that fights to keep me from going over the edge. I would've guessed you'd be right there with me, ready to indulge in all the bad things you love so much."

"Indeed," Lauren trailed a finger down Camila's bare arm and felt the vibration of her flowing blood beneath her fingertip. "It was quite the moral dilemma for me. You would be...breathtaking if you were to release your inner demons."

"But you stopped me," The younger woman cupped her lover's cheek and Lauren could see Camila's love for her shining in those chocolate brown eyes. "Because you know I'd never forgive myself if I hurt a single innocent person."

"I stopped you because I swore to Dinah that I would keep you as you are, for that is the creature my heart belongs to. I am selfish, my dear, I am content and I do not wish for that contentment to be disrupted."

"You know that was almost really romantic," The brunette chuckled softly and touched her lips to the vampire's, savouring her cool breath blowing over her lips as they parted. "You need to stop risking your life to calm me down, though. I could kill you one day and I would lose my mind if I did."

"And what an honour it would be to die at the hands of the woman I love." Lauren lurched forward and connected their lips once again, seeming unable to fight the longing she always felt towards Camila. "You have destroyed every sense of reason I have." She kissed Camila with intent, with a need to express to the hybrid creature how much she loved her. "You have broken me in the most glorious way, my dear." She rolled Camila over and hovered over her, placing her thigh between Camila's legs and pushing down lightly enough to elicit the moan she so loved hearing from her lover's lips. "I would burn for you."

"Not right now," Camila spoke through a soft gasp as Lauren pressed down once again, everything from her waist down alert with need. "Now just fuck me," She grabbed Lauren's face and brought their lips together. "Now just...touch me."

And that was all the permission Lauren needed before her head disappeared under the covers once more, Camila's moan sounding through the apartment just as Vero heard gunshots break the silence in Lucy's apartment.

The witch had been settled in her room trying to connect with her magic through meditation and she had, she'd been so in tune with it for a moment, but it was broken by shots. Before she could spell her door, Lucy barged through it. The vampire wasted no time in grabbing the witch, pinning her to a wall and pressing her body against Vero's, a barrier for the bullets that began to pierce Lucy's body.

Their eyes met for a moment and Vero knew what she needed to do. Her eyes found the shooters' in the doorway and within seconds they were reduced to their knees, blood pooling from their mouths as Vero's curse settled upon them.

It was only then that Lucy allowed the damage to her body to take hold as she crumpled to the floor, her own blood leaking from the bullet holes.

"Fuck," Vero made sure to check the hallway for any more hunters but found it clear. She rushed back to Lucy to assess how badly the vampire was hurt. Bullet holes littered her back and Vero knew from the vampire's fading complexion that she'd sustained too much damage.

She picked up a bullet and everything in her grew cold. Silver.

Vero instantly turned Lucy over and shook her, the room itself spinning as she tried with all her might to bring the vampire to some form of consciousness but Lucy was out cold and Vero knew that she wouldn't wake unless she was given the blood she needed to heal.