"I will never be more safe than right beside her, Lucia."

Camila was tired of running. There were multiple reasons why she was tired of running but at the very front, it was simple. She no longer saw the need for it.

Camila now saw running as a tedious act when she could very well reduce the creatures chasing them to ash with a flick of her wrist. She was beyond them in every way and she was tired of playing the victim to their evils. No, she was stronger than them, she could rid the world of every demon ten times over and she was no longer hiding that aspect of herself.

She was the most powerful creature on the planet and she was scurrying away from scum she could disintegrate within mere seconds, it was pathetic. She felt pathetic.

"I want to go back to New York." She announced as her eyes remained fixed on her untouched food as her small group sat for dinner. "I won't run anymore."

Vero had seen it coming, she'd become more and more in tune with Camila's emotions and she felt the girl's growing arrogance by the day. Camila was no longer afraid, no, instead she was foolish. The witch felt the dark angel's determination to prove she was the strongest being on the earth, her determination to prove she could destroy any enemy in their path, regardless of the price she'd pay with her very soul.

"You are deluded." Lauren scoffed, tipping back the bourbon she'd been nursing for the better half of an hour.

"I'm not," Camila's tone was empty, devoid of any emotion and Lucy's eyes remained plastered to her, the vampire hearing so much of her cousin in the angel girl. "I have nothing to be scared of."

Vero could see Lucy piecing together the inner working's of Camila's mind. She could see her love understanding the darkness that had taken hold of Camila and it's tightening grip on her humanity.

"The moment you step foot into New York, you are lost." Lucy reminded Camila, though she felt it was to no avail. "Your mother waits for you there."

"Maybe it's time she stops waiting," Camila looked up and met Lucy's keen eyes. "I could just kill her." She shrugged, as if the very thought held no weight to it. As if killing one's mother was as simple as breathing. "No Lilith means the angels win, isn't that what we all want?"

"Camila," Vero tried to reason with the girl she was linked to. "You won't kill Lilith if you meet her."

"Who decided that?" Deep brown eyes held the witch's, a confident smirk slowly creeping onto the angel's face. "I could kill her. But everyone is too scared I'll go off the deep-end."

"Perhaps you already have." Lauren took hold of Camila's chin and turned her head so their eyes could meet. "Perhaps you are already lost to us."

She felt a hand grip at her wrist and within seconds a heat began to seer her porcelain skin enough for her to lose her hold on the girl's face.

"What happened to Envy, Camila?" Lucy spoke up as she watched the interaction between her cousin and the girl she loved.

Lauren examined her reddened skin, a distinctive hand-print branded on her otherwise blemish-free flesh.

"I told you," Camila pushed away from the table and stood up. "I'm not running anymore."

Vero made to stand as she watched Camila make her way to the exit but Lucy was quick to stop her, knowing the danger the angel posed in that moment. For in that moment, Camila was no longer Camila. She was the evil she'd been born into. And Camila could very well kill Vero without remorse.

When Lauren stood to follow the angel, however, Lucy knew she could not stop her.

The green-eyed vampire followed behind the angel, stalking a few feet back to allow Camila a moment before she made her approach.