"We have time."

Camila woke from sleep at noon, her body heavy but still settled beside Lauren as the vampire slept with a peace nestled on her face that Camila had missed.

"Mila," Vero's voice called from behind the vampire currently facing Camila. "I can feel you're awake."

"You're scared." The angel felt the witch's fear weigh on her very own heart.

"It followed us here." Vero spoke softly and Camila sat up instantly, her eyes finding Vero but the witch's eyes were locked to their room door. "It knows where we are."

"You can feel it?"

"It killed a witch in this town." Vero looked down to Lucy's sleeping form. "It's coming here. It wants us to know it's coming here."

Camila climbed over the body beside her and made sure to cover Lauren completely with the blanket on the bed, gesturing for Vero to do the same. The witch was hesitant in her movements but she wasn't about to argue with a creature that far surpassed her own power. She stood from her bed as well, standing in front of Lucy as a barrier between the sleeping vampire and any threat that dared to near her.

"How far away is it?"

"Not far, it's lingering in the woods but it knows you're waiting for it." Vero closed her eyes and when she opened them, they were a stark white. "It sees where we are, it's waiting for you to go to it. It's stronger than the last one, Camila. It wants you to know this."

"Stay here, you hear me?" Camila started for the door. "If anything gets in, you create one of those illusions, do not let it see you. But, Vero, I won't let anything in here."

"Your light can't fight this," The witch was quick to protest, lurching forward to grab onto Camila's arm. "Camila, if you use the shadows again, there's a really high fucking chance you won't come back from it. You promised Lauren...."

"I promised myself that she wouldn't die if I could stop it," The angel looked to the sleeping form of the vampire in the bed she had occupied along with her only moments ago. "I'd rather beg for her forgiveness than for her life."

The angel cast her hand out towards Vero and the witch stumbled back from an invisible force. As soon as she stepped through the door, she felt her wings expand around her, the glow of the sun dimmed by their brightness.

Her eyes scanned the area around the motel, a slow chill rising within her starting at her feet and travelling up her spine. She felt the evil that lingered in the area and she knew she needed to rid the world of it. It was her purpose. But at what cost? The cost of her very humanity?

Was she supposed to tarnish her very soul to save every human soul on the planet? And if so; what would become of her then? Would she succumb to the evil residing in her? And then who would stop her?

She made her way to the treeline and felt the temperature drop the closer she got. It was in there, waiting for her. Wanting her.

She was about to cross the road when she felt a presence beside her and the path before her was illuminated even more. Looking to her left, she found her father walking beside her, his eyes refusing to meet her own but his chin high and his shoulders squared.

She had questions swimming in her mind instantly but she knew he wouldn't answer them in that moment. Not when his soul purpose for being there was to ensure that her light was not dimmed by her darkness.

As they walked through the treeline, Camila took note of the death around her. Dead trees created a path leading further into the woods, the very dirty beneath their steps dull, almost colourless. The demon left only death in its path and it was making a point of showing Camila that.