New Discussion•

"Don Giordano

"Don Giordano." Michelango smirked as he and his men stood across the room from Vince and his own.

It was cold and quiet. Nothing to distract the two heads of very influential families.

They met underground at a bar. One they knew that could keep discretion. "Catalano." Vincenzo nodded.

"So my friend I know we are at odds. But I would like to propose something." Michelango took a puff out of his cigar. "What?" Vincenzo narrowed his eyes. "Shared resources you see?"

Vincenzo laughed. "I'm not sharing a dime of what my family has. Especially not with someone who tried to kill my wife." He was itching to kill him.

"You can not prove that was us. We would never be so sloppy. It was a Russian gang." He insisted.

"A Russian gang under your employment in Italy and in America. How many do you have? I know the Catalano family comes from old money." Vincenzo lit his own cigar.

"Bold assumption."

"A wise assumption." Vincenzo interjected.

"Don I will keep it clear. There should not be an half American, half mutt head of the Italian organizations. It's sickening to our elders and the people who brought this country up." Mike spat on the ground.

Vincenzo sighed. Here we go with this conversation again.

"You know what else is sick? The fact that your mother is married to her second cousin. I don't think the elders would appreciate that scandal. Say what you want about my skin color. But my mother and father did something your family never could. Build an empire. So Michelango I hope for your sake that I don't trace the assault back to you. Because if I found out you breathed in my wife's direction I will simply remind you why I was chosen to be Don." Vincenzo

"Naomi right?" Michelango jeered. Vincenzo's fists tightened in his jacket pockets. But outwardly he looked calmer than calm.

"Catalano I'm going to respectfully change the course of the conversation." Vincenzo insisted gently. Because he felt his temper running high. And something in his eye let Michelango know that because he agreed.

"By all means."

"Now I know your family wants to take over for us. I appreciate the offer. But we are going to decline."

"How about Naomi? Is she up for grabs?" Mike joked. Vincenzo's jaw clenched and it was like his men knew exactly what to do.

The guns were up and Vincenzo stared at Michelango in his eyes boldly. Vincenzo was eerily calm. Nothing like the weak man he was a year ago. The one the Catalano's want to over throw.

He was growing his backbone stronger than when he first took over and that wasn't good for anyone but the Giordano family. They needed to nip it in the bud.