New Feelings•

Vincenzo and Naomi still had that weird tension around them every time they returned to the house to rest. Neither party knew what to say to each other nothing was okay but Vincenzo wanted to at least just pretend they weren't hanging on by a thread.

Naomi couldn't even look him in the eye anymore. He could feel himself losing her. He could feel her pulling away from him. He wished he was able to focus his time on both his the organization and his wife.

It was like his family was pulling him one way but his heart was pulling him towards Naomi. God his heart was really hurting. How did they come to this?

"Vincenzo right?" Naomi smiled shyly. Vince grinned. "That's me." He walked along side her as they passed through the garden.

"What brings you over here?" She asked looking up. "Gelato." He nodded to the stand. "Would you like to join me?" He offered. Naomi's heart was racing with excitement. She nodded eagerly but not too eagerly.

Vincenzo lead them to the stand and purchased their flavor of  choice. Naomi sat across from him. The light orange sundress contrasting with her complexion. She was unreal. 

"Is there something on my face?" She teased him. "No. I'm just admiring." He admitted. "You are pretty forward." She smirked. Vincenzo chuckled. "Better to make my intentions known."

Naomi liked that. At least she knew they both were liking each other. "I feel like I see you everywhere now." She smiled leaning forward. Vincenzo scratched his head and laughed as his face heat up.

"Yeah I told you Italy is pretty small."

Naomi smiled that was what he said the first time they ever spoke. "Well. I guess I should just get used to seeing you around more?"

"Yeah I think you'll see me around for a while."

Silence and awkwardness filled the dining room as they ate their breakfast. Only noises heard were the glass clinking on the table.

Naomi got up to put her plate in the sink when she felt warm hands on her waist. She froze before gently putting her plate in the sink. Her heart rate always sped up when Vincenzo touched her. But she decided days ago Vincenzo was no longer allowed to influence her thoughts.

"I'm gonna fix this." He mumbled against her neck. She tensed as he pulled her into his arms. Naomi turned around looked into his eyes. "You can't this is literally unfixable Vincenzo please tell me how you can even try to fix this."

He sighed. "I don't know but I'm going to." He hesitantly placed his hand on her cheek.

"There are some things that just can't be fixed. Vince I-I'm terrified a-and confused. How can you stop everything that's happening? It's been almost three weeks and Samira hasn't woken up without any explanation, she should be up by now. There are people trying to actively kill you guys. And you still go on like none of that bothers you." She was beginning to let the intensity of everything going on cause her to panic.

Vincenzo recognized she was panicking and held her face in his hands. "Hey Nao you're okay focus on your breathing." He learned all this from her. He rested his forehead against hers as her breathing slowed. Vincenzo pecked her lips and continued to rest his forehead against hers.