New Burdens•

It was dark. The next few days were so dark. Vincenzo was resting his head against Naomi's stomach as he sat on the edge of his bed. His arms wrapped around her waist tightly as heart wrenching cries left him. Naomi just held him and rubbed his head. Silent tears fell down her cheeks too. But she held it together for Vincenzo who needed her.

Jovani got the airline to hold Naomi's plane for another couple of days. She left tonight with Leonardo. Because this was too much for the baby to be around. Everyone was compromised. But she promised they would come back.

He needed her to come back. Vincenzo could barely think right now. Naomi was doing a lot of the thinking and scheduling. Even handling his meeting schedules. Vincenzo just couldn't do it right now. His crying was so overwhelming he often ended up in coughing fits.

"Vince breathe okay?" She whispered tilting his head up to look at her. Vince nodded wiping a tear.

"I should've been paying more attention to him." He croaked. Naomi cupped his face. "It's not your fault Vincenzo." Vincenzo shook his head. "It's not Vincenzo." She said firmly.

"What if none of them make it?" Vincenzo whispered. Jolene, Marcus and Silvia still in the hospital. Marcus and Silvia were not doing well at all.

Jolene was coming around nicely. His father had not left her side and Mage and Samira were praying for Marcus's recovery. "Vincenzo don't think like that." She sighed.

Vincenzo felt torn. His heart in 4 different directions. With Daunte, with his mom, with Marcus and with Silvi. But Naomi has been helping him stay on track and divide his time. And he still had an organization to run.

He felt like he failed even with the glory of his success. He couldn't be there for everyone  at once. Leo wasn't getting a dad anymore. He was getting this sunken version of Vincenzo. Naomi tried to reassure him just to focus on himself and that Leo would be fine. But Vincenzo felt too guilty.

And losing his best friend made him feel like if he didn't pay enough attention something would happen and he would miss out on his son. But again his son wasn't getting a father right now this negative aura was going to rub off on Leo and Vince didn't want that. It already had on Jovani's kids. "You guys should leave tonight." He sniffled.

"Okay we will... but Vincenzo we will come back." Naomi held him closer. "I don't know what to do. I don't know how to shake it off and maintain the image that I'm okay Nao. I'm not okay." His voice broke.

"You don't have to be Enzo. You don't need to be okay with me." Naomi wiped her eyes. "I'll come back in a couple days for the funeral. Then I'll let you mourn." She assured him. She didn't plan on staying after the funeral so Daunte could get a proper memorial and mourning season. And she didn't want to compromise Vincenzo's attention.

Right now she was the only person who really saw him. He was a mess. It was heartbreaking. But she knew he needed time with his family to heal. "Okay." He nodded against her stomach.

"I love you." She smiled at him. "I love you too." Vincenzo looked up at her with red eyes. Naomi leaned down and gave him a gentle kiss on his head. "Is isaac waiting for you guys to come back."

Naomi hummed feeling awkward as Isaac was brought up. "He may be. But Vince I don't think it's something we should focus on right now." She was right but Vincenzo just wanted to hurt himself more. "Give you and Leo a break from me and this nightmare."